Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
LCA
96.00%
Raceland
4.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lexington Christian at Raceland 10/27
I’m more impressed with Hensley than Boley after this game. Boleyn arm strength is off the charts but Hensley is a man among boys.
LCA 41 Raceland 14 8:04 4th quarter
Hensley 265 yards rushing and 5 touchdowns
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree the Hensley kid is a good one
Ashland 49 Simon Kenton 42
3:49 4th Quarter
LCA 48 Raceland 14 4th quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LCA 48 Raceland 21 1:03 4th quarter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-22-2023, 11:16 AM)Belichick Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 10:53 AM)Redneck Wrote: RPI killer for Raceland. It’s a shame really. Tough schedule, lose a few games to ranked opponents in higher classes, while KCD and others beat the weakest of the weak in higher classes and get rewarded for it.
Actually, they can and will lose and their RPI can still go up.  RPI is 35% your winning percentage, 35% your opponents winning percentage, and 30% your opponent's opponents winning percentage.  You get a nice little bonus if you play higher classes.  Since LCA has a great record against good competition, Raceland could/will lose big and their RPI will increase slightly depending on how the teams on the rest of their schedule do this last week.  It may not be as big of a blowout as it would be because my guess is both sides rest players as soon as possible to keep them healthy for playoffs.  RPI also locks after this week to determine playoff seeding after the cross district matchups are settled the first two rounds.  You are exactly right about KCD.  They will be exposed just like every year in the playoffs.
You still believe that? Losing games is bad for your RPI, regardless of who it is ya lose to. The only bright side to it is Raceland being battle-tested and primed for a big playoff run.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
(10-28-2023, 11:59 PM)Redneck Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 10:53 AM)Redneck Wrote: RPI killer for Raceland. It’s a shame really. Tough schedule, lose a few games to ranked opponents in higher classes, while KCD and others beat the weakest of the weak in higher classes and get rewarded for it.
Actually, they can and will lose and their RPI can still go up.  RPI is 35% your winning percentage, 35% your opponents winning percentage, and 30% your opponent's opponents winning percentage.  You get a nice little bonus if you play higher classes.  Since LCA has a great record against good competition, Raceland could/will lose big and their RPI will increase slightly depending on how the teams on the rest of their schedule do this last week.  It may not be as big of a blowout as it would be because my guess is both sides rest players as soon as possible to keep them healthy for playoffs.  RPI also locks after this week to determine playoff seeding after the cross district matchups are settled the first two rounds.  You are exactly right about KCD.  They will be exposed just like every year in the playoffs.
You still believe that? Losing games is bad for your RPI, regardless of who it is ya lose to. The only bright side to it is Raceland being battle-tested and primed for a big playoff run.
Fact check...all true
(10-29-2023, 12:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Fact check...all true
Hell just ask anybody from Pikeville. They didn’t play for a month and their RPI went up
(10-29-2023, 12:11 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Fact check...all true
Hell just ask anybody from Pikeville. They didn’t play for a month and their RPI went up

RPI has sure brought the whiners out. Raceland beat Letcher Central. Pikeville beat Belfry (who beat Letcher by early running clock) , Johnson Central, and Pulaski. Some people (looking at you RD) will whine no matter what system is in place.
Winners just win and whiners just whine.
(10-29-2023, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-22-2023, 11:16 AM)Belichick Wrote: Actually, they can and will lose and their RPI can still go up.  RPI is 35% your winning percentage, 35% your opponents winning percentage, and 30% your opponent's opponents winning percentage.  You get a nice little bonus if you play higher classes.  Since LCA has a great record against good competition, Raceland could/will lose big and their RPI will increase slightly depending on how the teams on the rest of their schedule do this last week.  It may not be as big of a blowout as it would be because my guess is both sides rest players as soon as possible to keep them healthy for playoffs.  RPI also locks after this week to determine playoff seeding after the cross district matchups are settled the first two rounds.  You are exactly right about KCD.  They will be exposed just like every year in the playoffs.
Fact check...all true

RPI has sure brought the whiners out. Raceland beat Letcher Central. Pikeville beat Belfry (who beat Letcher by early running clock) , Johnson Central, and Pulaski. Some people (looking at you RD) will whine no matter what system is in place.
All I know is when I state facts you type out a book full of bull butter hahah. I just sit back and laugh every time
(10-29-2023, 12:24 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(10-29-2023, 12:18 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-28-2023, 11:59 PM)Redneck Wrote: You still believe that? Losing games is bad for your RPI, regardless of who it is ya lose to. The only bright side to it is Raceland being battle-tested and primed for a big playoff run.
Fact check...all true

All I know is when I state facts you type out a book full of bull butter hahah. I just sit back and laugh every time

When my team has 7 championships and yours has *checks notes* oh yeah zero and you are attempting to troll us you have 2 guesses who is laughing the hardest
Fact check...all true
Now you'll be whining in the morning because your cream of wheat is a little too cold and you cant find your dentures. Smh  Big Grin
That is the formula on the KHSAA website. I can’t help it if you don’t understand why you dropped when several teams on your schedule lost this week and you lost too. That’s why I said depending on how the other teams on their schedule do. LCA did help your Opponents Win Percentage and OOWP. Problem is your team had about 4-5 cream puffs on there also who have a lot of losses and the teams they played have a lot too. If you look at only the effect of LCA, it is probably net positive. Mathematically it just about has to be according to the KHSAA system. But how many Ram opponents and opponents opponents lost this week? Without looking at it all, I bet a lot. I think Raceland dropped about a hundredth of a point after a loss and usually a team drops more. The reason is LCA has a good record and so do the teams they played.
(10-29-2023, 01:57 AM)Belichick Wrote:
That is the formula on the KHSAA website. I can’t help it if you don’t understand why you dropped when several teams on your schedule lost this week and you lost too. That’s why I said depending on how the other teams on their schedule do. LCA did help your Opponents Win Percentage and OOWP. Problem is your team had about 4-5 cream puffs on there also who have a lot of losses and the teams they played have a lot too. If you look at only the effect of LCA, it is probably net positive. Mathematically it just about has to be according to the KHSAA system. But how many Ram opponents and opponents opponents lost this week? Without looking at it all, I bet a lot. I think Raceland dropped about a hundredth of a point after a loss and usually a team drops more. The reason is LCA has a good record and so do the teams they played.
I’m probably one of the biggest Raceland haters on this site bud lol.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
LCA is really good!!!