Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 77 Belfry 35
Total domination from tip.

Pikeville JV play 60% of game, future is bright. 

Belfry had 10 kids dressed. While I love beating the Pirates, that is a sad situation over there. 

Sidenote, you can get a top notch education and WIN ballgames at Pikeville!!!!
I know Caden Woolum who was their leading scorer left the team. Not sure exactly what the reason was but Belfry is struggling right now. Rash is a good ball player but he’s a freshman and forced to do way too much. Belfry has won the last 2 middle school county tournaments and believe only 3 of those players on those teams still play basketball.
(01-11-2024, 11:06 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: I know Caden Woolum who was their leading scorer left the team. Not sure exactly what the reason was but Belfry is struggling right now. Rash is a good ball player but he’s a freshman and forced to do way too much. Belfry has won the last 2 middle school county tournaments and believe only 3 of those players on those teams still play basketball.
Hate to see Belfry going down this path. With the amount of talent walking the halls instead of on the court something has to be going on.
Belfry scored a total of 2 points in the 1st quarter.
Worst Belfry basketball team I can remember. Pikeville’s JV team would have beaten them by 20+. Kids who should play aren’t even on the team. School is losing athletes to neighboring schools. It will be worse next year in all 3 major sports.
(01-12-2024, 12:04 PM)Belichick Wrote: Worst Belfry basketball team I can remember. Pikeville’s JV team would have beaten them by 20+. Kids who should play aren’t even on the team. School is losing athletes to neighboring schools. It will be worse next year in all 3 major sports.
Just went and watched the game on replay. Pikeville is very good. Start 5 seniors. Fitzer is dominant against 15th region opponents. But for Belfry, man they looked bad. Bobby Varney should have gotten that job IMO not sure why he wasn’t maybe someone can tell us why. At one point Belfry was down 34-4 then Pikeville took their starters out and played JV guys most of the remainder of the game. Belfry should look at what Prestonsburg did with hiring Chase Parsley. He has them IMO a top 5 team in the region and they were a bottom 5 team when he took over.
Pikeville really played well!
Pikeville is still not all the way healthy either it seems. Walters and Freshman Brody Little was not dressed it seemed. Belfry came out in a 3-2 defense and Pikeville exposed that early. I don’t think Belfry changed game plans till way into the 2nd half. Even if you’re out manned, I believe a good coach will keep switching things up until you find something that works better than being down 34-4. Belfry has 1 player and he just a freshman. This is the first time Belfry has ever played in the All A so enrollment must be way down and the didn’t look to have a full roster. A lot going wrong in Pond Creek.
(01-12-2024, 12:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 12:04 PM)Belichick Wrote: Worst Belfry basketball team I can remember. Pikeville’s JV team would have beaten them by 20+. Kids who should play aren’t even on the team. School is losing athletes to neighboring schools. It will be worse next year in all 3 major sports.
Just went and watched the game on replay. Pikeville is very good. Start 5 seniors. Fitzer is dominant against 15th region opponents. But for Belfry, man they looked bad. Bobby Varney should have gotten that job IMO not sure why he wasn’t maybe someone can tell us why. At one point Belfry was down 34-4 then Pikeville took their starters out and played JV guys most of the remainder of the game. Belfry should look at what Prestonsburg did with hiring Chase Parsley. He has them IMO a top 5 team in the region and they were a bottom 5 team when he took over.
 Why should Bobby Varney have gotten the job? He went 24-87 at Phelps and majority of those wins were Piarist, Riverside Christian and WV teams
Belfry athletics is a sinking ship. Nepotism runs deep at Belfry, kids will continue to leave unless things change. Coaches do
do not care if kids succeed.
(01-12-2024, 06:05 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote: Belfry athletics is a sinking ship. Nepotism runs deep at Belfry, kids will continue to leave unless things change. Coaches do
do not care if kids succeed.
Facts!
(01-12-2024, 05:50 PM)ECU_2010 Wrote:
(01-12-2024, 12:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
 Why should Bobby Varney have gotten the job? He went 24-87 at Phelps and majority of those wins were Piarist, Riverside Christian and WV teams

I knew his dad well, know him enough to say hi.

Love him, hate him, kids play hard for him and he’d coach circles around Belfry’s last 2 staffs. Still only know if they’d be good.