Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did Michigan Make A Bowl?
Can someone please explain how you can have the most embarassing loss in college footbal history, then lose THREE MORE games, and still make a bowl? Honestly, I'm very curious.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
They won 8 games. I know they're not that good and the loss to start the season was bad but c'mon it's not like they're the worst team to ever make a bowl game. The Big10 was weak this year, but they showed they were a pretty decent team when the pulled off 8 wins in a row.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BFritz Wrote:Can someone please explain how you can have the most embarassing loss in college footbal history, then lose THREE MORE games, and still make a bowl? Honestly, I'm very curious.
Appy State could have challenged for the Sun Belt, played in the middle of the pack in some of the other mid major conferences..yeah it was embarassing, and it definitely shouldnt have happened, but Appy State's no joke..Im definitely NOT taking up for Michigan by any stretch because I hate them, but they still won 8 games, playing in a power conference (even though its weak)..so thats pretty much automatic..
BFritz Wrote:Can someone please explain how you can have the most embarassing loss in college footbal history, then lose THREE MORE games, and still make a bowl? Honestly, I'm very curious.

You must really hate Michigan huh? 8 wins finished 2nd in the big ten, why shouldnt they be in a bowl game? Judging by 1 lost to the D-II Champs in App. St.Michigan should deff be in a bowl game!
MVP2 Wrote:You must really hate Michigan huh? 8 wins finished 2nd in the big ten, why shouldnt they be in a bowl game? Judging by 1 lost to the D-II Champs in App. St.Michigan should deff be in a bowl game!
I don't really hate Michigan, I was just using logic. With no playoff system and a short season, teams are ranked and evaluated on how they perform. They lost FOUR GAMES, indluding one to a team ranked below them in the division. They don't deserve to be in a bowl game because they don't have the talent, coaching, discipline, etc. to beat the teams they should beat and can't play consistant which is the standard for measurement in college football- being consistantly good (or at least almost always consistant because there has been so many upsets this year).
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
Well lets look at it like this Stanford would get beat by Appy imo and Stanford beat USC but heck USC is in the Rose Bowl then how would Michigan not deserve one. Michigan is not that bad injuries killed them early on.
Also you have to look at the name. They have the most wins in Collegiate Football history. A lot of prestige, like the Kentucky of College Football.
Its a no brainer gee whiz they won 8 games and lost to the 1AA national champs Appy State.Better than Florida state deserved.