Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Places to Ride ATV?
Hey, does anyone know of any good places to go ride ATV's in the Pike County area?
The Hatfield-McCoy trail in the Matewan area is a nice place...if you haven't ever been there you should try it. If you are interested I can get you some phone numbers and info....

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
Where do you live?

If your around Belfry plenty of places...............
I always liked going up to a place near Shelby Valley, that I always heard called Flatwoods. I'm not sure if that's the real name or a nickname for the place, but some people have actually taken Bobcats up their and built jumps and trails.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
NEXT Wrote:Where do you live?

In the Pikeville area? Give some directions to these places. Thanks We get bored with the same place all the time. We just started riding last year, but we dont' know of many places to go.
reds44 Wrote:In the Pikeville area? Give some directions to these places. Thanks We get bored with the same place all the time. We just started riding last year, but we dont' know of many places to go.

Hard to give directions but we will be riding within the next 2 weeks and when we do you are more than welcome to come along.

What kind of 4-wheeler do you have?
It seems to me that the shoulder of the highways around here must be pretty good cause I see people a flyin all the time on those ATV's. Doesn't look smart but I guess it must be a good place.
The Guru Wrote:It seems to me that the shoulder of the highways around here must be pretty good cause I see people a flyin all the time on those ATV's. Doesn't look smart but I guess it must be a good place.

Yeah it is completely stupid with the way ppl drive cars around here I would not ride on the roads.

There are some good places up Coon Creek Red44. Also up Ford Mountain and as Comfort Eagle said Flatwoods is a great place as well. There is one place up Left Fork of island creek that me and one of my buddies went to one day and it is really good, kind of need a 300 or higher to go on it though.
I'd like to try the HM trails out this year, I've heard negative and positive reviews, but at least it'll be mixing it up some.
NEXT Wrote:Where do you live?

yes, we live in pikeville area. if you dont' mind give some directions. we have a lot that goes. thanks
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Yeah it is completely stupid with the way ppl drive cars around here I would not ride on the roads.

There are some good places up Coon Creek Red44. Also up Ford Mountain and as Comfort Eagle said Flatwoods is a great place as well. There is one place up Left Fork of island creek that me and one of my buddies went to one day and it is really good, kind of need a 300 or higher to go on it though.

we have been up meathouse and fords branch riding to wolf mountain, up coon creek we have go up frozen way. are there more up coon creek? and ford mountain? where is the place at shelby valley?