Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather Info/15th Regional Championship
Will someone please post if the game is postponed due to inclement weather? I am going to stay in by the fire if there is no game!Big Grin

Pouring the snow in Pikeville at 8:30AM on March 8th!Sad :p
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:Will someone please post if the game is postponed due to inclement weather? I am going to stay in by the fire if there is no game!Big Grin

Pouring the snow in Pikeville at 8:30AM on March 8th!Sad :p

I agree; please let us know. It's pouring in Paintsville right now, too.
I heard yesterday that KHSAA emailed tourney officials at all sites that if they had to cancel the KHSAA wanted them to play on Sunday unless a participating school had a wriiten policy in place that they were prohiited from playing on Sundays. Several cancellations of games last night in other regions. Someone "in the know" please let us know if they postpone.
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I heard yesterday that KHSAA emailed tourney officials at all sites that if they had to cancel the KHSAA wanted them to play on Sunday unless a participating school had a wriiten policy in place that they were prohiited from playing on Sundays. Several cancellations of games last night in other regions. Someone "in the know" please let us know if they postpone.

Yeah, we were told 4:30 on Sunday if not today. I don't think our school has a written policy on that.
As of now, the schedule has not been changed but a final decision regarding whether the game will be moved to tomorrow will be made later this afternoon.
What Time Is The Game Scheduled For On Saturday
they will make the final decision at 2
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:they will make the final decision at 2
what time is it scheduled for on saturday
The Fan Wrote:what time is it scheduled for on saturday

7:00 pm
Playing or not?
This link on the KHSAA web page says the finals will be played MONDAY at 7:00 at the EXPO.

Don't shoot the messenger!

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/district...egions.pdf
the game is on for 7 o'clock tip off
Postponed ~

Game will be played 7pm Monday at the Expo Center and purchased tickets for tonight will be valid for Monday's game.
Postponing the game was the smart thing to do. We have a winter storm warning till 9pm tonight and temps are going to be in the low teens.
Yeah, it's snowing a pretty good pace here in Pikeville again.
i smell fear in Wireman's cancellation.
Smile
I can't tell you about the players for JC, but I assure you, Wireman has "no fear" of little Butcher. LOL Wireman has forgotten more hoops than junior knows IMHOBig Grin
BleedsBlue Wrote:Postponed ~

Game will be played 7pm Monday at the Expo Center and purchased tickets for tonight will be valid for Monday's game.

Wasn't the Boys Semi-finals supposed to be played Monday?
spidey Wrote:i smell fear in Wireman's cancellation.
Smile

Big Grin LOL!!!!
ukbadmammajamma Wrote:I can't tell you about the players for JC, but I assure you, Wireman has "no fear" of little Butcher. LOL Wireman has forgotten more hoops than junior knows IMHOBig Grin

But its what he remembers that should scare him! lol
Cool
spidey Wrote:But its what he remembers that should scare him! lol
Cool

LOL
blackcat_student Wrote:Wasn't the Boys Semi-finals supposed to be played Monday?

This has been answered on another thread but just in case you haven't read that one ~ boys games moved to Tues and Wed
spidey Wrote:i smell fear in Wireman's cancellation.
Smile

So Coach Wireman has that much authority to call a regional game off? :eek: In all reality there was no reason to put lives in danger for a basketball game. I can just see teenagers doing 100 mph with no fear on their way to Pikeville! :bike: :bigeyed: :policeman
That was a ridiculous statement.... Wireman was by no means the person who made this decision.... have you been outside today?
Monday March 10
7pm