Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"TRUE" Fish Stories.....
Would anyone like to share any of their "TRUE" fishing stories.....
A couple of summers ago at Dewey I was just playing around with a crank bait that was broken pretty bad.. it only had 1 hook left out of 2 three prong hooks... Matt and Josh had walked away and I don't touch fish so I wasn't planning on catching anything.. but for some reason on that broken bait I got a bite.. and I caught a 17 inch bass.. so i pulled it up and had it held over the road but then it fell off.. so I was trying to keep it on the road with my feet and yell for Matt or Josh to come and get it.. they got there before it got back in the water.. They couldn't believe I had caught it with that broken bait.
me an a friend were on a paddle boat on watsbar lake (spelling) in tenn. my pole was lying in between us with my lure hanging about 3 inches above the water an we were goin back in an a bass jumped out of the water an bit it, but it was gone as quick as it appeared, so i don't know how big it was.
i was fishing in the river and I just had baited my hook with chicken liver and threw it in the water turned around and walked about 30 feet and looked at my pole and my line straightened out and my pole got pulled in the water, so my buddy josh took my other pole and casted it and caught my line on the 1st cast and it came off well we both took off running down the bank and he finally caught my pole and it still had the fish on it, it was about a 10 pound carp.....we got lucky i think......bc as soon as it went into the water i said well crap my pole got pulled in and he said ill catch it I said no u wont and i actually said dont try its just my peice of crap zebco 33 that i use for river fishing only so i had already gave up on it
I was fishing at Cherokee Lake in TN. one summer in a tournament and was doing real good.I and my partner had our limit of Bass and was culling about all day.We got on a bigger bite and started replacing our smaller bass with bigger ones.I was texas rigging a 7-inch worm (Tequilla colored) and caught a 4 pounder or least thats what our little set of digital scales we always kept on the boat said. I quickly replaced the smaller bass with the 4 pounder and was real happy!!! About a hour left in the tourney my big fish started beating and banging on the inside of the livewell.I opened up the livewell and saw that he was bleeding from his gills and in a panic I got him out of the Livewell and was hanging over the side of the boat running him back and forth through the water watching to see if he would revive!!!  I had been trying to perform to the best of my ability bass CPR on him when all of a sudden me and the fish made eye contact and as if he had been playing dead all of a sudden he shook his head from side to side several times and I started losing my grip on him with my thumb!! I watched that fish swim away with what I will sware to this day was a big grin on his face!! Matter of fact he jumped out of the water twice before he swam away forever!!! I was ashamed to tell anybody, but my partner was not!! At the end of the year Banquet the guys I fished with all pitched in and bought me a set of thumb grips!!!!      :lmao:
I fish many stretches of river close to my home in johnson county. This year we had some very nice weather early in March it was warm and the skies were clear it was almost like early summer and it made the smallmouth stir. I was using a bleeding shad spinner bait and hooked a 4lb small mouth and released it. It was nearly black in color from the cold weather but it was a great fish it was the biggest one i have ever caught and after i photograped it i released it
I was at cave run spill way and like on my second cast my line took off down toward the other bank. I fought with it for about 20 min. and i finally got it tired and i dint have a net so i had to get on my knees and scoop it out of the water because it was a 31 in. 12 pound 10 ounce walleye and i dint want to stick my hand in a mouth full of teeth
me and a buddy were in a canoe in a pond and he flipped it and ruined my cellphone! haha SCORE!
One time 3 buddies of mine and I were fishing a local farm pond. One of the guys with us hardly ever fished, and knew litterally nothing about it. So, I gave him one of my heddon tiny torpedo top water plugs and told him to cast around the banks, and work the bait in a stop and go retrieve. Being an overcast that day, I figured he would get a couple of small bass and get some enjoyment out of the day. Well, after about 5 minutes of fishing, I look over and his rod is bent over double. "Ive got a big un" he said. Well, we go over to see what he had hooked, and when what he had appeared, i couldent believe it. He had had two bass hit the lure at the same time and hooked them both. The fish werent big, but, it made for a huge fish tale that few will believe. But ohh well.
I caught a fish with my hands once...
I caught a ten pound carp in the middle of a corn field...... (We were scouting a creek and ehard splashing, apparently it had flooded that week and they were spawning)

My cousin was pier fishing and caught a fish filet....... (he was bottom fishing enxt to the fish cleaning station and snagged it off the bottom)
RedSox_#1 Wrote:One time 3 buddies of mine and I were fishing a local farm pond. One of the guys with us hardly ever fished, and knew litterally nothing about it. So, I gave him one of my heddon tiny torpedo top water plugs and told him to cast around the banks, and work the bait in a stop and go retrieve. Being an overcast that day, I figured he would get a couple of small bass and get some enjoyment out of the day. Well, after about 5 minutes of fishing, I look over and his rod is bent over double. "Ive got a big un" he said. Well, we go over to see what he had hooked, and when what he had appeared, i couldent believe it. He had had two bass hit the lure at the same time and hooked them both. The fish werent big, but, it made for a huge fish tale that few will believe. But ohh well.

I have done this as well..mine was on a Rapala Husky Jerk (triple treble hooks), neither was keeper size
RedSox_#1 Wrote:One time 3 buddies of mine and I were fishing a local farm pond. One of the guys with us hardly ever fished, and knew litterally nothing about it. So, I gave him one of my heddon tiny torpedo top water plugs and told him to cast around the banks, and work the bait in a stop and go retrieve. Being an overcast that day, I figured he would get a couple of small bass and get some enjoyment out of the day. Well, after about 5 minutes of fishing, I look over and his rod is bent over double. "Ive got a big un" he said. Well, we go over to see what he had hooked, and when what he had appeared, i couldent believe it. He had had two bass hit the lure at the same time and hooked them both. The fish werent big, but, it made for a huge fish tale that few will believe. But ohh well.

Now that's a pretty good story. I've never caught anything to huge, but I was out on the lake one time when I was a lot younger and it started raining so hard it flooded like a good part of eastern ky. By the time we got the boat to the side to load it was like half-filled with water, and we were using coffee cans that we had worms in to dip the water out as we were going in.