Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lawrence rumor
Did one of the assistant coaches at Lawrence quit? There has been a lot of talk about playing time and one college recruit sitting the bench. It must be nice to have so many good players that you don't even use players that have been selected to play at the next level if this is true.:flame:
Hadn't heard that one---but wouldn't be surprised. I know I will draw fire on this---but here goes. Lawrence county sports has always had a tendency to play people based on their last name instead of their talent. When they quit doing that in football in the early 90s they started winning at football. If that is the case here ( and I have no clue) then shame on them!
Which asssitant quit? One of the assistants is the 2B dad, another is the young red head pitcher's dad and the other was dad to the SS who graduated a few years ago. I agree that sitting one of your best players is not going to help win games, unless there is a very good reason for it. Any other opinions?
So who is it that is being sat down that should be playing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
sportspectator Wrote:Which asssitant quit? One of the assistants is the 2B dad, another is the young red head pitcher's dad and the other was dad to the SS who graduated a few years ago. I agree that sitting one of your best players is not going to help win games, unless there is a very good reason for it. Any other opinions?
It was the dad to the ss. I think she plays for EKU. He was the one that made LC's defense so tough.
transplanttiger Wrote:Hadn't heard that one---but wouldn't be surprised. I know I will draw fire on this---but here goes. Lawrence county sports has always had a tendency to play people based on their last name instead of their talent. When they quit doing that in football in the early 90s they started winning at football. If that is the case here ( and I have no clue) then shame on them!
That's a prety bold statement! How about some examples since you are making some huge accusations. Unless you are a coach that is at every practice and knows everything that goes on then you are making some big accusations!
flamethrower Wrote:It was the dad to the ss. I think she plays for EKU. He was the one that made LC's defense so tough.

What was his reason for leaving? Were they valid? Obviously not due to his daughter since she has graduated?
Batpuff Wrote:So who is it that is being sat down that should be playing.
There is a Castle girl that was on the all region team in 07 and a Stansbury girl who started the last 3 years in outfield and signed with Alice Lloyd. The rumour is the Stansbury girl is being punished for going on a cruise over spring break and will only play as sub. If it the one I'm thinking of she was a very solid outfielder with a cannon arm. Might be some cuttin' off your nose, new sheriff in town stuff.:flame: