Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Series
Its early but who wins it?

I have Boston Over Mets
Mets over Toronto
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have another Subway Series. The Yankees pitching finally get going, and the acquire Frank Thomas and Barry Bonds to an already solid lineup to win the wild card, and then make an unbelievable run through the playoffs. I think the Mets will win outright and make it to the world series with ease as the beat the Yankees in 7 games. Then Girardi get's a contract extension. I had a preminition last night sorry.
Pirates will crush the Yankees in 4 games Big Grin
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I have another Subway Series. The Yankees pitching finally get going, and the acquire Frank Thomas and Barry Bonds to an already solid lineup to win the wild card, and then make an unbelievable run through the playoffs. I think the Mets will win outright and make it to the world series with ease as the beat the Yankees in 7 games. Then Girardi get's a contract extension. I had a preminition last night sorry.

Well if that all happens then I will come to you for my lottery picks, I HATE THE YANKEES so I doubt they even make the playoffs Smile
Bosox Fan Wrote:Well if that all happens then I will come to you for my lottery picks, I HATE THE YANKEES so I doubt they even make the playoffs Smile

Maybe not, but I hate the Red Sox so I hope there whole entire franchise falls off the face of the earth. hahaBig Grin
I hate to see it, but I believe the Red Sox will repeat. They have a good pitching rotation, good relievers, good defense, good offense, and a good coach. They have everything clicking for them.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Maybe not, but I hate the Red Sox so I hope there whole entire franchise falls off the face of the earth. hahaBig Grin

Dont make me fight you.... jk jk
Bosox Fan Wrote:Dont make me fight you.... jk jk

Steinbrenner is running for president in 2012. Word on the street is that Billy Crystal will be his running mate. I for one will be the campaign manager. I let you know if you need any information on making donations to the campaign. haha
With the way things are going after the first month of the season, looks like Boston will make another run at the World Series. Another team that will make a lot of noise will be yes, the Chicago Cubs. They have a great line-up and their rotation is coming around. Same with Boston, with the lofty veterans such as Papi, Ramirez, Varitek, Wakefield and others along with the great young talent they have with Elsbury and Pedroia. Also the rotation with Beckett, Bucholz, Lester and a great bullpen. Would love to see it be between the Sox and the Cubs.
-STAT- Wrote:With the way things are going after the first month of the season, looks like Boston will make another run at the World Series. Another team that will make a lot of noise will be yes, the Chicago Cubs. They have a great line-up and their rotation is coming around. Same with Boston, with the lofty veterans such as Papi, Ramirez, Varitek, Wakefield and others along with the great young talent they have with Elsbury and Pedroia. Also the rotation with Beckett, Bucholz, Lester and a great bullpen. Would love to see it be between the Sox and the Cubs.

The only consistent pitcher Boston has is Beckett. They are not as strong as they were last year in the rotation.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:The only consistent pitcher Boston has is Beckett. They are not as strong as they were last year in the rotation.

I think they wil be fine but they do need a good set up guy....
Bosox Fan Wrote:I think they wil be fine but they do need a good set up guy....

Well your not gonna get Joba so quit thinking about it! This time 4 months from now he will be mowing the Red Sox nation down with about 7 to 8 innings a game! Haha It's the return of the Empire!
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Well your not gonna get Joba so quit thinking about it! This time 4 months from now he will be mowing the Red Sox nation down with about 7 to 8 innings a game! Haha It's the return of the Empire!

I wouldnt want Joba anyways. Would love to see Boston and New York go another 7 games in the ALCS, talk about great baseball and nervous breakdowns for Sox and Yanks fans.
-STAT- Wrote:I wouldnt want Joba anyways. Would love to see Boston and New York go another 7 games in the ALCS, talk about great baseball and nervous breakdowns for Sox and Yanks fans.

Yea your right somebody that's barely in their 20's and throwing triple digits, that's just not something an organization wants around their team huh? Please every team in the major leagues would take Joba in a heart beat. He has not been managed right with his role, but he is and will be a stud.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea your right somebody that's barely in their 20's and throwing triple digits, that's just not something an organization wants around their team huh? Please every team in the major leagues would take Joba in a heart beat. He has not been managed right with his role, but he is and will be a stud.

The only reason i would want him is because it would make THE BEST BULLPEN in baseball a little bit better
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Yea your right somebody that's barely in their 20's and throwing triple digits, that's just not something an organization wants around their team huh? Please every team in the major leagues would take Joba in a heart beat. He has not been managed right with his role, but he is and will be a stud.

Geez I just said I wouldnt want him on my team!
-STAT- Wrote:Geez I just said I wouldnt want him on my team!

I know it just didn't make any sense and you didn't say any reason to back up why you wouldn't want him, so I had to defend my little Indian buddy.
A bit off topic here but.....

I have a Mets hat and 1 official ball and 1 ball signed by the umpires from the 2000 subway series given to me by Charlie Reliford.
Real nice, Midee.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Midee1 Wrote:A bit off topic here but.....

I have a Mets hat and 1 official ball and 1 ball signed by the umpires from the 2000 subway series given to me by Charlie Reliford.

That is really cool, and just so everyone knows what a great series that was! Yankees flat didn't even give the Mets a chance in that series. I believe after the Yankees get one more dominant pitcher, they have a shot to make another run this season. The have the best lineup in the league, our young pitchers need more work, but if Joba becomes a starter, and we get another dominant pitcher then I think the Yankees will be in it. They will have a more solid ptiching staff than the Red Sox if that happens.
With the way things are going this season, I like Boston over Arizona. The D-Backs are for real!
:1: Mets wins it hands down.