Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remembering Mr. Wildcat
Anyone Watch the video segment in remebrence of Bill Kightly I met him about 6 times and i can honestly tell you there's not a nicer man in the world! I just watched it and cried like a baby.

[youtube="RIP Mr. Wildcat"]PTEPkrbcPLs[/youtube]
Kyboy13 Wrote:Anyone Watch the video segment in remebrence of Bill Kightly I met him about 6 times and i can honestly tell you there's not a nicer man in the world! I just watched it and cried like a baby.

yea i watched it and it was a good video....
Very emotional moment for all UK fans
I was there and I along with 23,000 + were moved by the segment and then the dedication to him on the court....very touching moment and classy move by UK. He is truly missed!
Such a great man indeed! If you didn't tear up while watching that last night then you don't have a heart in your body!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Such a great man indeed! If you didn't tear up while watching that last night then you don't have a heart in your body!

Or your not a true blue Kentucky fan!!!
Not a Kentucky fan , but it was a very nice touch .
I had seen the video a day after he passed and cried then, didn't cry during the video as I seen it on TV but almost did.

It defiantly won't be the same this season without him on the bench.

RIP Mr. Wildcat!
I love the blacked out K on the jersey, very classy move.
Im not usually an emotional person, but I got a bit teary eyed watching the video and seeing his dedication on the court. The season certainly won't be the same.

Are they going to leave an empty seat on the bench like Gonzaga does for one of their faculty that passed away (Rev. Tony Lehmann, alumni chaplain at Gonzaga for 20+ years, passed away before the 2001-2002 season)?
IRISH4 Wrote:I was there and I along with 23,000 + were moved by the segment and then the dedication to him on the court....very touching moment and classy move by UK. He is truly missed!

I was there also, it was such a touching moment, and a great tribute. I had to hold back the tears several times.

I love the K they put on the court in front of the bench.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Im not usually an emotional person, but I got a bit teary eyed watching the video and seeing his dedication on the court. The season certainly won't be the same.

Are they going to leave an empty seat on the bench like Gonzaga does for one of their faculty that passed away (Rev. Tony Lehmann, alumni chaplain at Gonzaga for 20+ years, passed away before the 2001-2002 season)?
i am not a emotional person either but it moved me to and the seat will be vacant.
I had seen the video a few days after he passed and I got pretty emotional. Then again at Big Blue Madness I was the same way. He will always be missed by the Big Blue Nation and you cant talk about Kentucky Basketball withougt mentioning Mr. Wildcat.
I never will forget the shot of him that came up on the jumbotron before the uk Louisville game that marked Pitino's return to Rupp...

"the three things I hate most in life are wrinkly uniforms, smelly sweatsocks, and the LOUISVILLE CARDINALS!!!!"
-----Mr. WIldcat

ALL TIME CLASSIC!!!!!!!