Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 13 Sheldon Clark 3 (5inn)
A little better effort from the tigers. Adams goes deep again.
Congrats P-Ville!
Congrats Paintsville.
CONGRATS P-VILLE!!!! :rockon:
Congrats Tigers
Adams hits one over the pool building for his 4th of the year....Congrats to him and the Tigers....
After the Home Run Corey was intentionally walked his remaining 3 at bats.....One time with the bases loaded .....Have not seen that one before....
not in high school anyway...

As a matter of fact SC intentionally walked Corey 4 times in 2 games......
Is this good coaching strategy by SC or Borderline Bush league baseball

in the Estill co game he was also intentionally walked...that made 5 intentional walks in 2 days........

I'm sure he appreciates the respect, but he also deserves a chance to hit...
Well, good morning!
Owwwowwwowwww. Mornin' to you too!
Nice job, Tigers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Tigers and way to go adams
INSIGHT Wrote:After the Home Run Corey was intentionally walked his remaining 3 at bats.....One time with the bases loaded .....Have not seen that one before....

in the Estill co game he was also intentionally walked...that made 5 intentional walks in 2 days........

The walk in the Estill game had nothing to do with anything except to load the bases so there would be a force at any base. Any good coach would do that even if the 9 hole is up.
[/url]
goinyard Wrote:The walk in the Estill game had nothing to do with anything except to load the bases so there would be a force at any base. Any good coach would do that even if the 9 hole is up.

Well for one thing , that did not load the bases. Dillon brown was on 2nd base at the time.....so what's your point ???

The actual question that I was asking was.....How many intentional walks in a high school game is , or should be considered to many......given the relevancy of that paticular game??????
Cyrus was on 3rd, Brown at 2nd, nobody was on first base. Brown was the winning run and Adams run didn't mean anything so walking him was logical.
INSIGHT Wrote:After the Home Run Corey was intentionally walked his remaining 3 at bats.....One time with the bases loaded .....Have not seen that one before....

This is nothing more than a good coaching job by Mike Hall. This is baseball 101. I doubt by any means Mike Hall is scared to throw to Adams but if you have a open base with a weaker hitter following you play the odds of getting a double play or a force at any base. Trust me, Mike Hall isn't scared and knows what he's doing.
Wildcat Blue Wrote:This is nothing more than a good coaching job by Mike Hall. This is baseball 101. I doubt by any means Mike Hall is scared to throw to Adams but if you have a open base with a weaker hitter following you play the odds of getting a double play or a force at any base. Trust me, Mike Hall isn't scared and knows what he's doing.

Once ok , Twice maybe, but 4 times seems a little funny to me:yikes:
Now What Wrote:Once ok , Twice maybe, but 4 times seems a little funny to me:yikes:

If the 4 hitter wouldn't swing at so many outside ptches, they wouldn't walk him so much. The 4 hitter swings at everything:thanks: :thanks:
Now What Wrote:Once ok , Twice maybe, but 4 times seems a little funny to me:yikes:
If the situation suits then it doesn't matter how many times you put your team with a better chance to get a out. It's just baseball.
Congrats Painstville. Keep working hard SC
Great Job Tigers!
Personally I would walk him every time up. He basically single handed Beat Magoffin this year with 2 3 run shots... Then Lawrence on a 3 run shot... In my opinion you walk him everytime and make the others beat you unless no one is on. Then you pitch to him. He is a good hitter but as a coach you have to put your team in a position to win, I wouldn't let him beat us I'd make the rest of the team beat me.
By the way does anyone know who pitched for Sheldon Clark?