5:30
Estill Co. vs. Wolfe Co.

8:00
Knott Central vs. Perry Central

Good luck to all the teams.
Guess my dream came true, lol!
Thanks Brian!

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!
i thought the drawings wasnt until sunday?
BRIAN, tell us how you think it might play out and witch good pitchers will pitch what game.
Tough draw for the Commodores! Hazard got a cake walk to the finals. Probably will end up:
Knott/Estill
Hazard/Powell in finals with

Estill/Hazard in finals. The way Hazard is hitting the ball, I see them winning the whole thing.
this should be a very interesting 14th Region. Good Luck to all the teams.

i wouldnt underestimate the Engineers with Freeman on the mound they will be tough to beat. i think it will be Hazard/Estill in the Finals and if thats how it ends up you better believe that Freeman will be pitching. but like i said Good Luck to all the teams
Thanks for posting! Good luck Hazard!
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Tough draw for the Commodores! Hazard got a cake walk to the finals. Probably will end up:
Knott/Estill
Hazard/Powell in finals with

Estill/Hazard in finals. The way Hazard is hitting the ball, I see them winning the whole thing.

Perry has beaten Knott both times they have played this season. So, I wouldn't call it a tough draw for Perry. Knott has upped their game and Perry has let leads dissipate.

Hazard does have a cake walk. Be interesting to watch these games.
CADEREECE Wrote:BRIAN, tell us how you think it might play out and witch good pitchers will pitch what game.

I am only going to talk about the top five teams if that is OK. Honestly, I don't know much about Powell, Breathitt and Wolfe County.

Hazard is hitting the heck out of the baseball. Unless they cool off, I don't know how anyone gets within 5 runs of them. Grigsby and a healthy Joey Meehan are a tough 1-2 pitching duo. Will Meehan be able to go? You will not find a more aggressive team on the bases than Hazard. I think home field has a big mental advantage also.

Letcher did beat Hazard but that was two months ago and I don't think either side can draw much from that game. Had they played within the last two weeks then it is another story. LCC has got to find some offense and steady pitching. They have really struggled hitting the ball most of the year. I think Coach Dean will test the Hazard defense with small-ball.

The fun is in the bottom part of the bracket. Estill County will "throw off" in the opening round. In my opinion, the only way Estill County wins the championship (if they play Hazard) is if Freeman throws in the finals.

***The following is only speculation and my opinion for what's it's worth.***

If Estill and Perry/Knott meet in the semi-finals I think you will see Estill throw Clowers for 5 innings and then bring in Freeman to throw the final 2 innings. That way he can come back the next day for the championship game, should they win. Estill has Freeman and Benedict as hitters but the rest of the team is up and down offensively.

KCC is on a mission to show they belong in the discussion of the region's elite. They have just enough offense to beat PCC but I wonder about their pitching. Supposedly Potter has fluid on his arm but I have a good notion he will pitch at some point. King has been tough to beat most of the year. I wonder do they enough arms to win the region if they are in that situation? I don't know.

Perry Central hit their peak a long time ago. They started the season 13-2 but since that point the Dores are only 7-6 down the stretch. PCC has everything they need to win a region but they can't seem to piece it together. One day they boot the ball 5-8 times then they have great hitting with poor pitching. The next game the pitching and defense will step up and then the hitting doesn't. They along with LCC are the toughest teams to figure out.

Basically, the team that "executes" is the team that will win. :1:
Strikeout King Wrote:this should be a very interesting 14th Region. Good Luck to all the teams.

i wouldnt underestimate the Engineers with Freeman on the mound they will be tough to beat. i think it will be Hazard/Estill in the Finals and if thats how it ends up you better believe that Freeman will be pitching. but like i said Good Luck to all the teams

Estill will have to throw Freeman if they want to get past Perry in semi's.
DoItBig Wrote:Estill will have to throw Freeman if they want to get past Perry.

i would say that Coach Wood will throw Clowers against Wolfe and throw Freeman in round 2.
Strikeout King Wrote:i would say that Coach Wood will throw Clowers against Wolfe and throw Freeman in round 2.

If Estill makes it to the finals, who would they throw??? I think Estill throws Singleton-Crowe, Clowers-Freeman, and then Freeman again if they make it. Hazard lost in a great game 2-1 (8 innings) against Hazard and they might have won if Freeman started the 8th innning.
Brian Milam Wrote:If Estill makes it to the finals, who would they throw??? I think Estill throws Singleton-Crowe, Clowers-Freeman, and then Freeman again if they make it. Hazard lost in a great game 2-1 (8 innings) against Hazard and they might have won if Freeman started the 8th innning.

Hazard beat Estill 2-1...sorry for the confusion.
if Estill makes it to the Finals i think they will throw Freeman and if Freeman has a game like he did against Powell in the district Finals, then the Engineers could very well be the 14th Region Champs again. but they have to get there first.

May 19th, 09 vs. Powell Co. District Championship

Freeman: CG, 8 K's, 2 Hits, 2 BB 10-0 (W) (6 innings)
Jeter_theman Wrote:Perry has beaten Knott both times they have played this season. So, I wouldn't call it a tough draw for Perry. Knott has upped their game and Perry has let leads dissipate.

Hazard does have a cake walk. Be interesting to watch these games.

Perry and Knott have only played once.
Go Bulldogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fanatic11 Wrote:Perry and Knott have only played once.

Oops... they played Hazard twice and LCC twice.
Strikeout King Wrote:i would say that Coach Wood will throw Clowers against Wolfe and throw Freeman in round 2.

Why would he waste Clowers against Wolfe? He can throw a J.V. pitcher against them and win easily. Save Clowers and Freeman and all the rest of the varsity pitchers for the rest of the tourney. Wolfe only has one player that can hurt you and he is not at full strength because he got hurt in the district against Jackson City. Estill could really have the best draw in the tourny if coach Wood plays it right. With Creech not at full strength, he can throw anyone he wants and have a cake walk through to the semi's.
Other than the Estill/Wolfe game, could be a good first round. Here is the way I see it.
1st Round
Powell Co. def. Breathitt Co. 7-2
Hazard def. Letcher Central 11-3
Estill Co. def. Wolfe Co. 10-0
Perry Central def. Knott Central 7-1

Semi-Finals
Hazard def. Powell Co. 9-1
Estill Co. def. Perry Central 3-1

Championship
Hazard def. Estill Co. 6-2
I felt a PCC/KCC 1st round matchup. It should be a good day of baseball on Memorial day! I'll be there to catch all the 14th region baseball!
good luck to PCC. Coach will have them ready.
Good Luck Lcc