• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landon Slone out at Kentucky.
Good post Colonel.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
C.Clair Wrote:Good post Colonel.

Thanks CC.
Colonel Kill Wrote:I have watched Landon play since he was in the 6th grade and there is no doubt he has the heart of a lion and wants to compete at a high level. I think the kid is a solid player and played well during his minutes in a Kentucky uniform. However, his minutes mostly came pre-SEC season and most can agree that the SEC was down this year. Slone had problems in games against bigger, quicker players even in high school. UK has gone from a subpar SEC team that bearly made the NIT to loaded with talent and becoming a major force in the NCAA and thus no room left on the bench. I do think Coach Cal could have handled that a little better. I hope he can make the MSU team and get minutes but I think MSU has also started to make a move up in their talent level and this years team not only made the NCAA tourny field but competed for a big part of the game so I think it will be tough for Slone there as well. I love to watch the kid play, he is a fine young man and hope nothing but the best for him no matter where he goes.

Perfectly said. Landon played every second on the court like it was his last. He never gave up. And he truly has a heart of a lion.
This is good and bad for Slone. Bad because it is every KY youngster's dream to play for UK. However, it is good because he can now go somewhere and actually play and still say he played at UK.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:All I'm saying is that I'm sure he could have squeezed in a little time to wish Landon luck in person and so forth. It was a classy act to apologize publicly though.

I am not trying to be negative,but this is big time basketball the truth of the matter is/was Landon was a walk-on and well coaches have other important things to do with their time than worry if a walk on feelings are hurt about whatever. Not saying it is right or that I agree with it,he is a human being and needs to be treated with respect.I hope Landon gets to a good school maybe a NAIA school is best for him.
I was reading this mourning that he could end up at Morehead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
If he goes to Morehead that would be great, although I would love to see him try his hand at Western. I like the Hilltoppers, and I think Landon could be a good fit there..I would have liked to have seen him in a Big Blue jersey for four years but in a way I was hoping he would have went to Western when he made his college choice..wherever he ends up, I wish him the best of luck. He wore the Big Blue jersey with pride, which is something that has been taken for granted by a lot of guys thats put it on recently.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have also heard he was was looking at WKY, that could be a good fit for him as well!
devilhorns05 Wrote:Saw this on catspause that Landon Slone will not be aloud to walk on again next year.Slone wanted a meeting with Calipari to discus this but Calipari would not.

Just a reminder to your facts straight before posting. Calipari was NOT there. Slone waited for him but he was not at the office. I admire Slone for wanting to play for UK, but he didnt even have a place in Gillespie's gameplan. I think Slone would make a great fit at Morehead or Western perhaps. I hope he finds somewhere where he will get playing time.
I am all for the mountain kids getting their shot, but you have to realize that in all honesty if slone had not left, he would get little if any playing time at all. I think that Slone is very talented and shoudl have no problem finding another school where he can use those talents.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MVP2 Wrote:Slone plans to visit with Morehead St. sometime this week.

I like the fit
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Well my friend, why was the University of Kentucky interested in him? Maybe because he can actually play basketball as I already said. You may not like Slone, but you cannot question his heart and effort. Scoring 8 points on two different occasions and playing somewhat frequently for the Kentucky Wildcats is something to be proud of. I don't know what you have against him.

As for the "package deal", where in the world did you hear that? I know people close to the Paintsville basketball program and not once did I hear anything of that nature.

Well where to start. First off I'm not your friend, second I don't have anything against Landon and have always wished him well in his endevor to play at UK. Neither UK or Arkansas was interested in him as a high school player. Neither was MSU. The only offer I know that he received was from Georgetown College, which is a pretty good school be recruiting a player. As far as the package deal you refer to I know for a fact that it was presented to D.T. at MSU, his exact words were, there isn't a player in the 15th that I am interested in. Landon was a good high school scorer, but he's not nearly athletic enough for any SEC program. I think a lot of people get caught up in all the hype about a player and can't judge talent for themselves. Get out and watch some college games and see just how athletic these D-1 players are. Just because you are one of the best players in a particular region dosen't mean you can play at the D-1 level. Hope Landon will get to play wherever he end's up. I'm a 57th district and 15th region fan and would be for any player from either to make it. sometimes you have to have the right fit for the school you attend to actually bring something to the program.
Good Luck Landon at whatever school you end up at. You will always be a WILDCAT, you got to do what a lot of boys from Eastern Kentucky would love to do and that's play basketball for the University of Kentucky.
I just wish he had a chance to show what he was made of.
kyrifle Wrote:Well where to start. First off I'm not your friend, second I don't have anything against Landon and have always wished him well in his endevor to play at UK. Neither UK or Arkansas was interested in him as a high school player. Neither was MSU. The only offer I know that he received was from Georgetown College, which is a pretty good school be recruiting a player. As far as the package deal you refer to I know for a fact that it was presented to D.T. at MSU, his exact words were, there isn't a player in the 15th that I am interested in. Landon was a good high school scorer, but he's not nearly athletic enough for any SEC program. I think a lot of people get caught up in all the hype about a player and can't judge talent for themselves. Get out and watch some college games and see just how athletic these D-1 players are. Just because you are one of the best players in a particular region dosen't mean you can play at the D-1 level. Hope Landon will get to play wherever he end's up. I'm a 57th district and 15th region fan and would be for any player from either to make it. sometimes you have to have the right fit for the school you attend to actually bring something to the program.

Good post! I hope some of those Shelby Valley fans read this.
kyrifle Wrote:Well where to start. First off I'm not your friend, second I don't have anything against Landon and have always wished him well in his endevor to play at UK. Neither UK or Arkansas was interested in him as a high school player. Neither was MSU. The only offer I know that he received was from Georgetown College, which is a pretty good school be recruiting a player. As far as the package deal you refer to I know for a fact that it was presented to D.T. at MSU, his exact words were, there isn't a player in the 15th that I am interested in. Landon was a good high school scorer, but he's not nearly athletic enough for any SEC program. I think a lot of people get caught up in all the hype about a player and can't judge talent for themselves. Get out and watch some college games and see just how athletic these D-1 players are. Just because you are one of the best players in a particular region dosen't mean you can play at the D-1 level. Hope Landon will get to play wherever he end's up. I'm a 57th district and 15th region fan and would be for any player from either to make it. sometimes you have to have the right fit for the school you attend to actually bring something to the program.

I agree with you somewhat on the region thing, but I really do think their is alot of good talent scattered through eastern kentucky that alot of people dont see. Slone was one of those who actually had a chance and I just wish he can get another at a d-1 school. If I was Landon I would be talking to Marshall if the Morehead thing doesnt work out, I dont know why I just feel he could play some and be a good good player by his senior year because he is only going to get better as he progresses. Good luck to Landon wherever he may go
devilhorns05 Wrote:I agree with you somewhat on the region thing, but I really do think their is alot of good talent scattered through eastern kentucky that alot of people dont see. Slone was one of those who actually had a chance and I just wish he can get another at a d-1 school. If I was Landon I would be talking to Marshall if the Morehead thing doesnt work out, I dont know why I just feel he could play some and be a good good player by his senior year because he is only going to get better as he progresses. Good luck to Landon wherever he may go

While a senior in high school Marshall came and watched him....but no offers were made.....J.R Vanhoose even was one of the assistant coaches at Paintsville and could not help him get in at Marshall. Maybe he should have went to Austin Pey....they had an offer for him.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Saw this on catspause that Landon Slone will not be aloud to walk on again next year.Slone wanted a meeting with Calipari to discus this but Calipari would not.

I do think coach Calipari, should have talked to him and let him know what his status was with the team!!! I wish him luck where ever he goes.......
Why is it when a kid has talent that alot of people "hate" on them. Never will understand it. Good luck Landon prove all your doubters wrong.