Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes in softball.
What would you like to change in this sport during postseason?
Probably affects Eastern KY schools the most because of snow days being made up, but the State tournament is held early June. In some cases players must decide, "Do I attend my graduation or do I attend the state tournament?" I really do not know the answer, but both are extremely important dates in a players life. And because of the location of the tournament, playing a game, going to graduation, and returning is out of the question.
I'd like to see the DP and Flex used more just for the simple fact that no one uses it here in eastern KY because they don't know how to. Lets get it into practice more and get everyone used to it. The rule is not really explained all that well in the rule book and we've got teams with coaches that are experts on the rule competing against teams with coaches that no nothing about it. Many of your officials are not clear on the rule and pretty much just "wing it" when they have a coach that chooses to use it. Just a thought.
I would like to see them move the time of Softball. Why not move it to August. That way we wouldn't have to compete with summeritis, graduation, rain, and just plain burnout. If you play at a small school most of those atheletes play three sports. By the time softball comes around they are just going through the motions.

I know I have seen the flex used a lot this year.
hootie Wrote:I would like to see them move the time of Softball. Why not move it to August. That way we wouldn't have to compete with summeritis, graduation, rain, and just plain burnout. If you play at a small school most of those atheletes play three sports. By the time softball comes around they are just going through the motions.

I know I have seen the flex used a lot this year.

This would hurt the girls who play volleyball also. They would have to choose.
Soccer is in Fall as well.