Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Baseball Fields
With Belphy getting a great new field, and Prestonsburg more than likely playing on the new field at Stone Crest. This leaves the other Floyd Co schools AC, BL and SF with the worst places to play in the region. Anyone have any thoughts on this. By the way the Floyd Co board recently raised taxes.:boosign:
They fixed SF's feild up it should be nice this season.
Well i live right next to AC and idk when they are going to have it done but they are working on a spot right next to the football field that is supposed to be the new baseball field..But im not sure on that i have just heard rumors but they are working on it...We will find out this season..but BL is still playing over at the old allen ball field.
Would it be possible to put a baseball field down in the new Expo Center?
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:Would it be possible to put a baseball field down in the new Expo Center?

Do you mean inside of it? If so, then I see no way. The majority of the seats in there do not move back...only the first 10 or so rows right by the floor....not enough room.
Ok I have never been in it. But If they could find some way, that would be a cool place to have a regional tournament.
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:Ok I have never been in it. But If they could find some way, that would be a cool place to have a regional tournament.

I really hope you're joking around...
Like I said, I have never been inside of it.
"#_4" Wrote:They fixed SF's feild up it should be nice this season.

SF's feild wouldnt be nice if they put a dome and turf on it...a 5 year old could hit a home run at SF...what is the distance to the fence? around 175 .....:ChairHit:
"footlocker" Wrote:SF's feild wouldnt be nice if they put a dome and turf on it...a 5 year old could hit a home run at SF...what is the distance to the fence? around 175 .....:ChairHit:

I'm guessing you are referring to the field at Garrett (off Route 80).

The field referred to for SFHS is located on Route 122 at Drift. The property was previously the Drift Ball Park. The previous owner passed away and the lease with the BOE ended. The property was purchasedlast year and work on the field was started this past spring.
Yeah and they moved the fence back and its big enough to hold a regional tourn. on it now.
I don't believe that they're buildin AC a baseball field..I heard they were putting a housing project in beside the football field..I wish they could get a field..Boys Baseball and Girls Softball field would be nice
You would think AC would have a field after winning the Region in 2003 but the board would not build one for them.
All the Floyd County schools should have there own field IMO and if possible it should be on campus. Do any of the schools have a on-campus field in Floyd County? I have seen the Allen Central field from the highway and it looks nice but very small but it has been a year or 2 since I have seen it. I have played at Allen and it gets the job done but Betsy Layne deserves better. Does Prestonsburg play at Archer Park? I have never known Prestonsburg to take baseball very serious, hopefully they will be able to get a on-campus field if they have room because the Blackcats could have a very good baseball program IMO. Paintsville doesn't have a on-campus field but it is one of my favorites in the region, so if done right these schools can get a very nice facility that is not on-campus if nessecary. Once this does happen the teams in Floyd County will be much better.
"PHSFAN" Wrote:All the Floyd County schools should have there own field IMO and if possible it should be on campus. Do any of the schools have a on-campus field in Floyd County? I have seen the Allen Central field from the highway and it looks nice but very small but it has been a year or 2 since I have seen it. I have played at Allen and it gets the job done but Betsy Layne deserves better. Does Prestonsburg play at Archer Park? I have never known Prestonsburg to take baseball very serious, hopefully they will be able to get a on-campus field if they have room because the Blackcats could have a very good baseball program IMO. Paintsville doesn't have a on-campus field but it is one of my favorites in the region, so if done right these schools can get a very nice facility that is not on-campus if nessecary. Once this does happen the teams in Floyd County will be much better.

Betsy Layne has a softball field on campus. The other 3 teams play at Archer Park, Garrett Park and Minnie Park. None of the Floyd County Schools have on campus baseball fields. The field at Garrett was used by SFHS last season along with Junior League. The field at Allen Park was used by BLHS and ACHS. Prestonsburg used the field at Archer Park.

The powers that be in Floyd County should be ashamed of the baseball/softball facilities. Even in Pee-Wee league the fields are in flood zones and are under water each season.
I have been helping groom the new field at Belfry, An all I can say is even though Pikeville has turf, I still like the new Belfry field better. It has a sod infield with a grass out field. It is really first class, Coach Hagy is reallly puttin alot of hours into the fine tuning, they will be alot more done come spring.. Also the bleachers are covered, so the fans wont get wet in the rain...
ER has a nice field.
Well i was just wondering if belfry's field is terf to?
"HeartOFaChampion" Wrote:Well i was just wondering if belfry's field is terf to?

I believe it is grass...
terf is what I heard
"Cowhunter30" Wrote:terf is what I heard

what is terf ive never heard of it
fake grass
oh i thought that was turf
well i guess tahts how u spell it, I wasn't sure.
I always liked Johnson Centrals field. It is now one of the older parks and still in good shape. It has seen alot of good players.
[/QUOTE]
Originally Posted by:allie25
I don't believe that they're buildin AC a baseball field..I heard they were putting a housing project in beside the football field..I wish they could get a field..Boys Baseball and Girls Softball field would be nice

They are not putting a houseing project beside AC's football field.....My uncle bought that property and they are putting a business on that property.......AC does deserve a new field though.......It sucks that we have to share a home field with BL at Allen Park no other school has to share fields......And after winning region a few years ago we deserve one...If it would have been Prestonsburg they would have gotten a freakin dome or stadium w/e u wanna call it built for them.....but no what does AC get nothing just a stupid picture in the paper nothing...........prestonsburg can complain about one blade of grass not being on their football field correctly and they get a whole new stadium and field with a new turf and everything..................but n e way back on subject the floyd county schools besides prestonsburg are in desperate need of their own fields.......