Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Football
SportsKing Wrote:Still haven't found out where I said anything about how talented Pikeville is from the LL all the way through Varsity!!! Maybe my eyes are getting badConfusedhh:
Like I said, Young group on Varsity- good.
LL- good.
What's so hard to understand about this? We can battle about this all you want, but there's really no need. I hope the kids have a great year.
So you didnt say the exact words JR high but the point is you went from how talented Pikeville is to the "glory days are over at Pikeville" and my personal favorite "Pikeville is scared to play SV". Anyone who knows anything around here knows that it doesnt take the most talented Pikeville team to beat a talented SV team. No fan of Pikeville football or any team for that matter would get on another thread and say that the team they root for is "scared" to play another team.
Pikeville did play SV. in the mid 90's during Hillard Howard's last coaching job here. Don't recall the score at that time, but i do recall the PANTHERS won that one and left no dought who was the better team. By the way, that one was played at Hambley Complex.
Are they playing this year?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Are they playing this year?

Don't think so.
belfry and pikville are the class of pike county in football but the other teams can build programs and have some success. I think pikeville has fallen on hard times with the changes i coaches the past 5 years but i hope ben gets them o track
Big Five-0- Wrote:Pikeville did play SV. in the mid 90's during Hillard Howard's last coaching job here. Don't recall the score at that time, but i do recall the PANTHERS won that one and left no dought who was the better team. By the way, that one was played at Hambley Complex.
They played my JR year in '93 and my senior year in '94.

The scores were
42-14 Pikeville @ Hambley
63-14 Pikeville @ Virgie

They played one other time in 1990 and Pikeville won 28-6 or something like that. The better ? is when was the last time SV/Virgie even played us close?
that would be a great match.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Thanks H.P. Who won left no doubt. Just couldn't remember the score(s).
How has the Panthers looked in 7 on 7 this year?
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:They played my JR year in '93 and my senior year in '94.

The scores were
42-14 Pikeville @ Hambley
63-14 Pikeville @ Virgie

They played one other time in 1990 and Pikeville won 28-6 or something like that. The better ? is when was the last time SV/Virgie even played us close?

Can't remember back that far.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Can't remember back that far.
Are you saying Im old? LOL!
Iin my opinion Pikeville is the best program in pike county and many more eastern kentucky countys.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Are you saying Im old? LOL!

Nope. just answering the question in the last part of your statement. I guess i'm the old one (past 40). By the way , heard anything about how the lifting is coming along??
Well I would say to be fair they have to start winning like Belfry has done.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Big Five-0- Wrote:Nope. just answering the question in the last part of your statement. I guess i'm the old one (past 40). By the way , heard anything about how the lifting is coming along??
I know man Im just messin with ya! I hear alot more positive feedback about lifting from the players than I have in the last few years so Id say thats a good sign.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I know man Im just messin with ya! I hear alot more positive feedback about lifting from the players than I have in the last few years so Id say thats a good sign.

Great!--Thanks--
Are you guys going to be 100% spread?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Don't know for sure. Could be someone else could shed some light on this My self , i prefer the wishbone (Smashmouth ), but it should be exciting this season w/ a totally diff. offense.
Big Five-0- Wrote:Don't know for sure. Could be someone else could shed some light on this My self , i prefer the wishbone (Smashmouth ), but it should be exciting this season w/ a totally diff. offense.

I agree. I believe with the offense Pikeville has, they should really be competitive with the spread.