Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16th All-Area
Congrats to the Kittens' Kaitlin Connor and Ali Wilcox for Making the all-area teams and to Chelsea Dietrich for Honorable Mention. Connor/Dietrich provide a good foundaton for next years' Ashland team. Hats off to all of the other girls who made the all-area team as well.
Congrats to Katelyn,Ali and Chelsea.
Yes congrats to Ali, Kaytelyn and Chelsea as well. Kittennation do you know who else made it?
http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...01518.html

Link to the story from Sunday's paper.
kittennation Wrote:http://www.dailyindependent.com/localspo...01518.html

Link to the story from Sunday's paper.

Thanks for the link kn.
Congrats to all the girls who made All-Area and to Coach Cantrell...especially Griffith and Ferguson. Wonder why Vanderhoof from Raceland and Mills' from Fairview didn't get atleast honorable mention?
Bombshell Stomp Wrote:Congrats to all the girls who made All-Area and to Coach Cantrell...especially Griffith and Ferguson. Wonder why Vanderhoof from Raceland and Mills' from Fairview didn't get atleast honorable mention?

It is my speculation that Vanderhoof didnt make it because she did not play this past year. Maybe you meant Brooke Keeton.
Congrats to all who made it.
Frank Abagnale Wrote:It is my speculation that Vanderhoof didnt make it because she did not play this past year. Maybe you meant Brooke Keeton.

You're right, I meant Keeton.
I can't believe no girls made it from Lewis County. They set a school record for wins this year and were one of the top five or six teams in the region and couldn't get one girl on the team. That kind of shows what kind of system this is IMO.
The team is voted on by the area coaches. Parents don't vote for the players.
Congrats to Kaitlin and Ali. Super job this year girls! We should have no problem winning the district again next year. Coach Bradley had another good year and is a great coach.
Congrats to all the girls.
Three or four of the Lewis Co. girls were Honorable Mention which means they split their votes which hurt their individual chances of making the manin list.
Great point L R.
How does a player who is in the top ten in rebounding and scoring not make this list? Area coaches need to be ashamed of the themselves for not place Kayla Day on this list. Check the stats.
Day had a good year but it is hard to argue with who the coaches picked.