Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hartline not out for season, Brooks says out for 3-4 weeks
Brooks just announced on WKYT that Hartline will be out for 3-4 weeks.

Hartline has a complete tear of the MCL and a partial tear of the PCL and some torn cartilage. If the ligaments heal, they will see if he can play with torn cartilage. If he cannot play with the torn cartilage, then he will have that removed and possibly out for another 2-3 weeks after that.

It is possible that Hartline could be back before the regular season ends.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
As for who will start this week against Auburn, Fiddler will go up against Newton at practice to see who gets the start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:As for who will start this week against Auburn, Fiddler will go up against Newton at practice to see who gets the start.

i think if fidler or newton manages to win a game then the starting job is theirs
Brooks stated that the starting job against Auburn will be based on "decision making, play-making, and an understanding of how important keeping the ball is to the team." He said at this point, Fidler should be ahead of everyone else in understanding the offense, but that's not the case. I don't think the offense is Newton's problem. I think it's making the transition from high school to college in reading coverages and making blocking changes, checking at the line, etc. I think Newton being more mobile will help him a lot. I look for both to play this weekend. Either way, the season isn't over. 6-6, or possibly even 7-5, is still a good possibility, if only our special teams improves.
I wish the kid a speedy recovery
When will Rich Brooks make the announcement of the starting QB?
lwc Wrote:When will Rich Brooks make the announcement of the starting QB?
He said the end of the week so probably Friday or even Saturday (no need to give Auburn any more time to prepare). Even if a starting QB is announced, I wouldn't be surprised to see both QBs trading out a lot of PT trying to see who fits in the best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:He said the end of the week so probably Friday or even Saturday (no need to give Auburn any more time to prepare). Even if a starting QB is announced, I wouldn't be surprised to see both QBs trading out a lot of PT trying to see who fits in the best.
Like you, I think both will play early, depending on certain situations. But as the game progresses, one or the other will get the majority of the snaps.
Hartline will be out for the season. Mark it down.
Coach Brooks said on his radio show that if it was close then he would really have to go with Newton to give him experience. That was if there wasn't a clear cut favorite before the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
i run put cobb back here alot and use fidler and newton as needed......:Thumbs:
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Either way, the season isn't over. 6-6, or possibly even 7-5, is still a good possibility, if only our special teams improves.
Not just special teams. We don't tackle well and we make far too many stupid mistake that result in untimely drive killing penalties.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Not just special teams. We don't tackle well and we make far too many stupid mistake that result in untimely drive killing penalties.

:Thumbs:
Amun-Ra Wrote:Not just special teams. We don't tackle well and we make far too many stupid mistake that result in untimely drive killing penalties.

:Thumbs:

Yep. We need To Wrap up instead of going for the big hit.
Good to hear but i am anxious to see what we have on the bench
I think with the wildcat we can see so many different looks for this offense. If Newton gets the nod, then the possibilities are endless.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]