Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8th grade state tournament
61 teams have registered as of Feb 10th. I see 7 15th region teams so far. Johnson Co., Johns Creek, Dorton, Adams, Feds Creek, Magoffin Co., and Virgie. Once Betsy Layne registers that will be 8. Pretty good turn out for the 15th. 2 Louisville teams to stay away from in Crosby and Meyzeek. Moss the defending 7th grade champs are not on the list yet. Last year Johnson Co. was runner-up with Clinton Co. and Knox Co. in the final four. Crosby had Moss down in the round of 16 but a tough call probably cost them the game, a five point possession. Good luck to the 15th and other mountain teams.
Should be a great tournament. Glad to see that so many 15th region teams are going to play in it. The talent level here is really high right now and these players deserve to be seen by the rest of the state.
When and where is the tournament?
We was informed yesterday by the KBA that we are third on the waiting list of teams entering this tournament.
Cubcoach Wrote:When and where is the tournament?

February 19-21 at Kentucky Basketball Academy in Lexington.
Coach, I hope you guys can get in! We are very excited and honored to get to play in this. Its a first for us!
I have heard that the Martin Kid from Meyzeek is going to be playing in the 8th grade state tournament even though he hasn't played a game all year because he was ruled ineliglible in Jefferson County. Does anybody know?
Eaglesfan1 Wrote:I have heard that the Martin Kid from Meyzeek is going to be playing in the 8th grade state tournament even though he hasn't played a game all year because he was ruled ineliglible in Jefferson County. Does anybody know?

Won't be allowed, he had to play 4 games with the team.

If they do allow it, I would suggest the feeders for Virgie, ER, and Pike Central combine and go to state..........
Why was the Martin kid ruled ineliglible? What is going on with him this year, grades? I watched him play at the beginning of the year at a JCPS preseaon tournament and he was the most dominate player there. Then the next time I watched Meyzeek he was not playing. Someone told me he was hurt and will return at the end of the season. If he returns or not he has to be the best and most dominate player in the city, maybe in the state. I would love to see him return. With Meyzeek's guards and Martin inside...
Johnson Co. was runner up 7th gr last year and all the players are strong and play GREAT together...they are somebody to be watching in the tournament!!!! They are STONGER than last year!!!