Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player of the Year?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's true, and Wall is getting plenty of publicity. But Wall will be a lottery pick at the end of his freshman season, so if he wins the award I don't think many people will be claiming that Downey was robbed.

Oh no, noone will be claiming downey was robbed. Wall is an icon. A celebrity. everything he has been talked to be.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If downeys stats are better at the end of the year then downey deserves it. Player Of The Year. Not Best Player On Best Team Award. Downey plays in division 1 basketball and has mad skills.

Wall and Downey both avg a bad number of TO's..Downey 3.6 and wall 4.0...But on a team where the ball is in Downeys hands all the time thats not reall that bad...Then points is Downey by almost 7 a game! Reb wall leads by 1..(downey is 5'9" though!)and gets 3.4 a game! Downey not only leads the SEC in steals in leads the NCAA in steals! Downey has to shoot a greater number of shots also in order for his team to have a chance! So if you ask me there numbers are pretyy well even!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Which is why most of the time its a popularity award.

Thats why wall will get this..I mean how many people build a snow man of there favorite player..did anyone else see that? they had it looking like it was doing the john wall dnace
If Nova can make a run I'd go with Reynolds. But as of now Wall.
Forgot to mention Downey also.
theVILLE Wrote:Thats why wall will get this..I mean how many people build a snow man of there favorite player..did anyone else see that? they had it looking like it was doing the john wall dnace

HEhe. love hearing that these awards are popularity contest....
Cousins all the way.