Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Verizon
is where I am going to switch my cell serive to..Anyone have it around here, whats it like
Sorry, I recently got Boost Mobile. No Verizon for me.
Basketballer Wrote:is where I am going to switch my cell serive to..Anyone have it around here, whats it like

Don't have it, pretty much all my friends do.

Signal wise, its the exact same as App. Wireless.

Everyone I know says Verizon beats them hands down on 2 things.

Customer service is light years ahead of App. Wireless.

Your billing is the same every month unless you have overages.

I will be switching as soon as I know I can port my number over.
Verizon is awesome. I used to have too, when my contract with AT&T runs up, I'm prob gunna get it again. I swear I think Verizon gets better service than App. Only probably I have is sometimes you don't get your text messages til a few hours after there sent. App has the same prob.
Aslan Wrote:Verizon is awesome. I used to have too, when my contract with AT&T runs up, I'm prob gunna get it again. I swear I think Verizon gets better service than App. Only probably I have is sometimes you don't get your text messages til a few hours after there sent. App has the same prob.

Yep,

Myself i will be switching to AT&T once my contract runs out. My brother has it and he gets much better service than my App Wireless phone and my mothers Sprint Phone. His bill is cheaper with the same services.
I have a Blackberry Storm listed on the classifieds.
I have recently got Verizon services and its awesome, I get service where I live and I never got it with ATT or any other provider, and as far as text mine always comes in a timely manner, my phone is the Samsung Intensity with the slide out keyboard, I have unlimited text and 450 anytime mins, free mobile to mobile, nights and weekends are free and my bill is $65 a month
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I have recently got Verizon services and its awesome, I get service where I live and I never got it with ATT or any other provider, and as far as text mine always comes in a timely manner, my phone is the Samsung Intensity with the slide out keyboard, I have unlimited text and 450 anytime mins, free mobile to mobile, nights and weekends are free and my bill is $65 a month

That's a good deal^^^...

I would switch to Verizon in a heartbeat if it weren't for my addiction to the iPhone..I'm sick of AT&T's stupid *** charges.

I plan on switching when Verizon gets the iPhone in a couple years.
Got Boost Mobile about a week ago. UNLIMITED talk, text, web and walkie-talkie for $50 per month. Hard to beat that!
lwc Wrote:Got Boost Mobile about a week ago. UNLIMITED talk, text, web and walkie-talkie for $50 per month. Hard to beat that!

Very good deal as long as you're willing to pop down $250 for the phone initially.

As for me, I had Sprint for 2 years and service went from ok to terrible. Switched to Nextel (because I worked there) and service/phone was great until about 6 months before my contract expired. Phone went to crap at that point and it was one of their rugged phones.

Have since been with AT&T for 4 years. Service has been immaculate, but price is kind of steep and mid-range phones lack quality. I've had 3 phones with AT&T. The cheapest, basic cell phone, no special features ended up being the highest quality phone. Never had ANY problems out of it, other than it being slow for stuff like web-browsing. Just a basic "bar" phone you get for free.

Had a mid-range Samsung with AT&T and that thing was a piece of JUNK! After about 8 months, the microphone went out in it. I could hear people, and even hear the phone ring, but when I would talk to people, they could never hear me.

I have since gotten the Samsung Flight, which is exactly what I have been looking for...a touch screen phone with a full qwerty keyboard that doesn't come with the iPhone price.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
doesnt verizon run off App Wireless towers?
Verizon phones do not work any better (signal wise) than Appalachian Wireless. Actually, they don't work any better period. The phones we get are the phones Verizon has carried except with a different name. Verizon copyrights the name of a phone (example: LG Rumor), so we have to call it the LG Script. It's the same phone. And the signal part, App Wireless is the only company they use in this area so there is no way they get better service than App Wireless. They come to this area, we are the only CDMA carrier they can use. So signal wise, no, there is absolutely no difference between the two of us.

As far as the plans go. I read a post above that said you get unlimited text and 450 daytime minutes for 65 bucks per month. At App Wireless, for 450 minutes, it is $39.99 per month. Unlimited text is $19.99 per month, making your bill $59.98 per month minus taxes. Explain to me how Verizon is better? Ours is unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, and nationwide.

If you sit down and do the math, we are the exact same as Verizon. There is no difference at all. The only thing Verizon has that we don't is the friends and family circle thing and the unlimited nationwide minutes plan for $69.99. But just wait until the 15th of this month. You will see that we are better than Verizon.
BCF4L Wrote:Verizon phones do not work any better (signal wise) than Appalachian Wireless. Actually, they don't work any better period. The phones we get are the phones Verizon has carried except with a different name. Verizon copyrights the name of a phone (example: LG Rumor), so we have to call it the LG Script. It's the same phone. And the signal part, App Wireless is the only company they use in this area so there is no way they get better service than App Wireless. They come to this area, we are the only CDMA carrier they can use. So signal wise, no, there is absolutely no difference between the two of us.

As far as the plans go. I read a post above that said you get unlimited text and 450 daytime minutes for 65 bucks per month. At App Wireless, for 450 minutes, it is $39.99 per month. Unlimited text is $19.99 per month, making your bill $59.98 per month minus taxes. Explain to me how Verizon is better? Ours is unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited mobile to mobile, and nationwide.

If you sit down and do the math, we are the exact same as Verizon. There is no difference at all. The only thing Verizon has that we don't is the friends and family circle thing and the unlimited nationwide minutes plan for $69.99. But just wait until the 15th of this month. You will see that we are better than Verizon.

Oh gosh! Another Hillbilly Days special that will blow our minds?:biggrin:
BCF4L Wrote:Verizon phones do not work any better (signal wise) than Appalachian Wireless. Actually, they don't work any better period. The phones we get are the phones Verizon has carried except with a different name. Verizon copyrights the name of a phone (example: LG Rumor), so we have to call it the LG Script. It's the same phone. And the signal part, App Wireless is the only company they use in this area so there is no way they get better service than App Wireless. They come to this area, we are the only CDMA carrier they can use. So signal wise, no, there is absolutely no difference between the two of us.

Dude I love you avatar at the bottom of the page.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Oh gosh! Another Hillbilly Days special that will blow our minds?:biggrin:
Haha. Nope. Unlimited Nationwide calling for $64.99. $5.00 better than Verizon or AT&T.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Dude I love you avatar at the bottom of the page.
Thanks. I kinda stole it from a guy on catspause.

You have helped me before and we have talked, I'll be interested to see what the deal is on the 15th.

The thing with your deal is its probably only to new customers and Apps. billing and customer service leave A LOT to be desired.

My bill is wrong EVERY single month.

Its $121, one month, $136 the next, $130 the next, and that is with me having 0 overages, then you go to have it fixed and your sales people have crappy attitudes.

Your insurance also is HORRID, the deductible was about $250 on some Blackberry's.....Verizons is $90.
I switched to Verizon a week ago and got a Droid
NEXT Wrote:You have helped me before and we have talked, I'll be interested to see what the deal is on the 15th.

The thing with your deal is its probably only to new customers and Apps. billing and customer service leave A LOT to be desired.

My bill is wrong EVERY single month.

Its $121, one month, $136 the next, $130 the next, and that is with me having 0 overages, then you go to have it fixed and your sales people have crappy attitudes.

Your insurance also is HORRID, the deductible was about $250 on some Blackberry's.....Verizons is $90.
I switched to Verizon a week ago and got a Droid
I mentioned the deal on the 15th in a post above. We are introducing the unlimited nationwide calling for $64.99 per month, which is $5.00 better than Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.

The bill thing, I cannot explain. LOL. Wish I could. I went back and looked at the last 4 months of my fiancees bill and it was the same amount every month. Not sure what is going on there to be honest.

The insurance thing, I'm not sure why the deductible was $250.00. I'm looking at an E-Securitel Brochure (our Insurance provider) right now, and depending on which Blackberry you have, it looks like it shouldn't be any more than between $100-$150. The highest deductible we have is $175 and that is for phones with a retail price of $550.01 or more. The deductibles are as follows:

Retail Price Range Deductible

150.00 or Less $25
150.01 to 250 $50
250.01 to 350 $100
350.01 to 550 $150
550.01 or More $175

Like I said, depending on the Blackberry you had, it should have been no more than $150.00, as we have no model of phones that even reach the greater than 550.01 criteria. The only thing I can think of is if you were looking to switch from a lower tier Blackberry with a deductible of $100.00 to a Blackberry Tour which is our highest priced Blackberry. In this case, you would pay the $100.00 deductible plus the price difference of the two phones. That could very easily be where the $250.00 came from.

I wish there was something I could do about customer service and sales people. I really do. You're not the first person I've ever heard complain about it. These complaints do get passed on to their immediate supervisors to handle the issue.

Speaking of the Droid, we are getting it in May. Can't wait. Our test units should be here in the next couple of weeks. That's the perk of my job is that I get these phones before anyone in the company even knows they are coming. By the time we actually get the phone in stock, I'm already tired of using it. haha
ComfortEagle Wrote:Very good deal as long as you're willing to pop down $250 for the phone initially.

If you want one of the fancy phones then, yes, BUT you have no contracts with Boost Mobile. AKA, if you get a plan that you hate (like many people on this site do, it seems) then all you have to do is quit paying for it.

I have their basic phone and I can do a lot with the internet including mapquest, Facebook, etc...

You can get a quality Sanyo Incognito for $129, Some phones are $80, mine was $30 at Wal-Mart and it works perfectly fine.

The only $250 phone is the Blackberry Curve. Remember this though, there is no plan. If you buy that phone and decide that you want a different company, just keep the phone and switch, they work with other plans. A friend of mine bought it, started working for AT&T, and switched service. Phone still works great.

I saw that App Wireless AND Verizon have plans that are 450 minutes not counting texting for $65 a month!!!! Why not choose Boost?

Then again, Appy Wireless is one of our fine sponsors so why not choose them! :biggrin:
lwc Wrote:Then again, Appy Wireless is one of our fine sponsors so why not choose them! :biggrin:
Touche`. :Clap:
Does anyone know, do I have to talk to a mod to be able to display a signature on my posts, I was told that you can have them after you get to 3,000.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone know, do I have to talk to a mod to be able to display a signature on my posts, I was told that you can have them after you get to 3,000.
It looks to me like you are able to use a signature. Try going to your user CP and see if "Edit Signature" is an option on the left hand side of the screen.