Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatfield-McCoy Bowl
I heard PC told him not to do it.

but off topic here: The OL of kentcky was awful. They finially got the subs in the right spots in the second half, but by that time it was too late.
Why keep playing this game because fan attendance has dropped and interest has just waned. Whoever the orgaizers are they need to look at ways to get better players and coaching staffs and move it out of Matewan.
IRISH4 Wrote:They might as well quit playing this game, it's getting to be a disgrace to the name of football. It's a senior-bowl between the "best" players from EKY and those from SW WV that lock it up in July at Matewan. I honestly think WV puts more emphasis on this game and gets players from outside the recruiting area (or has a much larger area than that of KY) and practices more than just 5 times for the game. The last KY victory was back in 2003 (when I played in it).

I Really enjoy this yearly event and Think it is a fine thing But i agree that Ky does not take it anywhere near as serious as our apponents and I would love to see it more of a rivalry for its not as exciting as it would be if the teams would swap wins ever now and again.
It seems that the Kentucky group doesn't plan to ever win a game!
Jed Clampett Wrote:Why keep playing this game because fan attendance has dropped and interest has just waned. Whoever the orgaizers are they need to look at ways to get better players and coaching staffs and move it out of Matewan.

Why move it out of Matewan??? Coach Kinder is the director of the bowl and it is the annual fund raiser for the football program. So why would they move it?? So all the BELFRY people will be happy. It's not going to happen. The KY coaches are the ones responsible for getting the KY players.
ib4mtigers Wrote:Why move it out of Matewan??? Coach Kinder is the director of the bowl and it is the annual fund raiser for the football program. So why would they move it?? So all the BELFRY people will be happy. It's not going to happen. The KY coaches are the ones responsible for getting the KY players.

Or West Virginia can find another state to play in matwan every year.
This game would've been a No contest should it have been Burchett, Thomas Varney, Shane Pack, etc.

2 classes from now there could be a backfield of Alan Boggs, Gary Runyon, KP Skyles, and JJ Jude. Will it happen? Nope. It's sad the talent you could see on one team and they don't. I'd love to see all those guys om the same team!
i've seen other coaches know about this and only contact ceratin players. it actually happened first hand
Belfry0304 Wrote:This game would've been a No contest should it have been Burchett, Thomas Varney, Shane Pack, etc.

2 classes from now there could be a backfield of Alan Boggs, Gary Runyon, KP Skyles, and JJ Jude. Will it happen? Nope. It's sad the talent you could see on one team and they don't. I'd love to see all those guys om the same team!

I agree these kids would have made a major impact on the KY team. I wish all the top players would participate but you can only ask them to play you can't make them. I know some are working some are discouraged by there college coaches and so forth but there is still plenty of kids available. I think the KY coaches need to be a little more aggressive in there approach to get the best kids possible.
contact some lawrence co. kids they will play!