Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brett Favre offered more money
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingca...NHeadlines

The Minnesota Vikings reportedly have made a new financial pitch to Brett Favre on Tuesday, hoping to keep the future Hall of Famer from announcing his retirement.
Favre is great, no doubing that. But over the past few seasons, this on again off again drama of his retirement ploy's just grow old. I'd lost a lot of respect for him. But if he comes back now, as a result of more money, I hope the first LB that gets the chance, knocks him out of football for good!
Stardust Wrote:Favre is great, no doubing that. But over the past few seasons, this on again off again drama of his retirement ploy's just grow old. I'd lost a lot of respect for him. But if he comes back now, as a result of more money, I hope the first LB that gets the chance, knocks him out of football for good!

lol... Did he say he was retiring for sure tho this time? Or did he just hint around about it. Either way, I'm interested if he stays for the $$$ or leaves.
if he does for money ,that really makes him look bad..
Stardust Wrote:Favre is great, no doubing that. But over the past few seasons, this on again off again drama of his retirement ploy's just grow old. I'd lost a lot of respect for him. But if he comes back now, as a result of more money, I hope the first LB that gets the chance, knocks him out of football for good!
You have to be and Idiot to even say something like that,yes his on again off again retirement is a little annoying,but you are talking about the greatest QB of all times and you want him crippled up so he can't play.What if I said to you on your way home I hope you get hit by a car and can't work anymore?He's 41,a bad ankle and is still one of the top 5 QB's in the league,if he 's healthy and can play wish him luck,he's just ennnnjoying a game he loves and it's not about the money.
Birdlegs Wrote:You have to be and Idiot to even say something like that,yes his on again off again retirement is a little annoying,but you are talking about the greatest QB of all times and you want him crippled up so he can't play.What if I said to you on your way home I hope you get hit by a car and can't work anymore?He's 41,a bad ankle and is still one of the top 5 QB's in the league,if he 's healthy and can play wish him luck,he's just ennnnjoying a game he loves and it's not about the money.

Lol, I stand by my statement. You obviously never read my original statemtn and made it out to only what you wanted to see or hear. If he says he has retired becasue he can't play, then he has made the decision that he's not playing because he can't. He is saying he retired, and put the Vikings in a bad situation, then so be it. If he decides that he physically can come back and play because he got healthy, then great. But...

If he all of a sudden gets physically better because he is being offered more money, then he is a fraud. He will have lied to every single fan that has ever supported him, and he deserves nothing more than to have his head knocked off and use all that extra money that we extorted to be used to heal!
So what is verdict right now with Farve?? Last I heard it was yes to retiring.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:So what is verdict right now with Farve?? Last I heard it was yes to retiring.

He just released a statement that said if he was healthy he would play.
He has a doc appointment next week and won't make a decision until after that.

and just to add....
I don't think you can lose any respect for him if he takes the deal.
If he decides to come back and there's more money on the table, don't you take it?
I mean, why would you tell them to keep it.
The Vikings aren't really looking into the free agent market, and big trades aren't really that common in the NFL. They need a QB, and they have one in their sites that has a "1" next to his name in every statistical category for the QB position. Why not throw money at him?
In other words, Favre doesn't feel like attending summer camps and just wants to come in and play without having to work like everyone else does.
BCF4L Wrote:In other words, Favre doesn't feel like attending summer camps and just wants to come in and play without having to work like everyone else does.

Pretty much, and thats the way the majority of veterans are...
I've heard of vets going into training camp saying "I'm going to pull a hammy today"
I hope he plays at least one more year.