Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masoli to Ole Miss.
Former Oregon QB Jeremiah Masoli was dismissed from the team over a couple of run-ins with the law but will be walking on to Mississippi, Masoli will be able to play right away.

Whats everyones thoughts on this? I kinda like it,he'll be playing in the SEC and bringing a fun offense to watch option/wildcat but I dont like it because now our chances of going into Ole Miss and leaving with a win is going to much tougher.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5428720"]Former Oregon Ducks QB Jeremiah Masoli says he'll walk on at Mississippi - ESPN[/ame]
Another thing with all the rules and violations of the NCAA.How do u get suspended for the whole year and than get in trouble again with the law, get kicked off a team and then get to switch schools and be granted to play right away?
Short QB but lightning quick.
MVP2 Wrote:Another thing with all the rules and violations of the NCAA.How do u get suspended for the whole year and than get in trouble again with the law, get kicked off a team and then get to switch schools and be granted to play right away?

I'm pretty sure he was never convicted of anything, was he?
If that's the case, then I say he just declared hardship.
MVP2 Wrote:Another thing with all the rules and violations of the NCAA.How do u get suspended for the whole year and than get in trouble again with the law, get kicked off a team and then get to switch schools and be granted to play right away?

By no means will I claim to be a bylaw wizard when it comes to the NCAA Clearinghouse. This is what I've read on the situation as I was intrigued like you by how you can get suspended and then have another run in with the law, but still get to play elsewhere. Masoli, was suspended by the school and not the NCAA. As the above poster said, he hasn't been convicted so by no means is he in trouble with the NCAA. Ole Miss offers a graduate program in which Masoli is now enrolled in, which that particular program is not offered at Oregon. With that being said he is granted a release from the school to persue his academic endevers at another school that offers his career choice.
I like it. Just another big name in the SEC that we can beat.
vundy33 Wrote:I like it. Just another big name in the SEC that we can beat.

LOL.. Idk about beating, Masoli is no push over.
Masoli isn't the entire team, either. Just one guy.
Ballers Wrote:LOL.. Idk about beating, Masoli is no push over.

Masoli won't be able to handle the beating of an sec season.
This definitely helps Ole Miss. Houston Nutt has a great offensive mind and will have the Rebels scoring a lot of points this year.
Aslan Wrote:This definitely helps Ole Miss. Houston Nutt has a great offensive mind and will have the Rebels scoring a lot of points this year.

I agree 100%. I don't think they'll play the pro style they have been playing...It's gotta be something with Masoli's style. Maybe a mix of a bunch of different sets? I'm actually excited to see them play and how their offense works.

What do you all think Ole Miss's offense will look like this year?
vundy33 Wrote:Masoli isn't the entire team, either. Just one guy.

Wait 'til he gets jacked up by an SEC defender...
he'll wish he stayed on the West Coast
zaga_fan Wrote:Wait 'til he gets jacked up by an SEC defender...

Exactly those SEC lineman are big fast boys who hit a whole helluva lot harder than what he has seen.
vundy33 Wrote:I agree 100%. I don't think they'll play the pro style they have been playing...It's gotta be something with Masoli's style. Maybe a mix of a bunch of different sets? I'm actually excited to see them play and how their offense works.

What do you all think Ole Miss's offense will look like this year?

I was worrying the same thing. Nutt is a good offensive coach but I mean its 3-4 weeks away from the 1st game, is he really going to change the whole offense with that short of time?
zaga_fan Wrote:Wait 'til he gets jacked up by an SEC defender...

lol.. thats hilarious.. What makes you so sure that they can catch Masoli? He's quick as a cat. Most QB's dream to be as quick as him.
Ballers Wrote:lol.. thats hilarious.. What makes you so sure that they can catch Masoli? He's quick as a cat. Most QB's dream to be as quick as him.

Trust me they are alot quicker than you think. Plus if they blindside him it won't matter how quick he is.
Ballers Wrote:lol.. thats hilarious.. What makes you so sure that they can catch Masoli? He's quick as a cat. Most QB's dream to be as quick as him.

That's what everyone says before they play an SEC in the championsip game.
They find out really quick they're wrong.
I remember the first play of the Oklahoma game and Bradford thought he had a TD right off the bat, until a Florida safety cleaned his receivers clock.
The balance of power just isn't that close.
zaga_fan Wrote:That's what everyone says before they play an SEC in the championsip game.
They find out really quick they're wrong.
I remember the first play of the Oklahoma game and Bradford thought he had a TD right off the bat, until a Florida safety cleaned his receivers clock.
The balance of power just isn't that close.

Yup yup. The first corner blitz, or free shot a lineman gets on him He will regret this decision.
Regardless of the previous problems with him, he can help Ole Miss.
wildthang3 Wrote:Regardless of the previous problems with him, he can help Ole Miss.

I agree.
I think Coach Nutt can work him in very well.
I half-way think he might not even play the QB position.