Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 27 South Laurel 7
Congrats to Coach Mills and the boys..anyone shocked by this?
No, Im not shocked. I thought it could have been a little closer but I knew Knox would win and was the better team. Congrats Knox Central.
South had moments in this game, but throwing interceptions wont get you anywhere. I think they had 3 or 4 tonight (not positive).
Knox might set a record this year for penalties if nothing else. They won on points but did not clean up the ugly play on offense and got burned once on D. Long way to go to be the caliber team we all expect and believe is there. But the improvement continues.

South has a class act for a football team.
Was hoping to see a bit more improvement on the offensive side of the ball but the defense continues to impress. Still, eliminate the miscues and penalties and the offense will look much better.

Didn't take us long to get spoiled, has it? Not very long ago we would have been thrilled to put up 27 points against a 5A team.
Two 5A schools in a row 2-0 not bad
Football1 Wrote:Knox might set a record this year for penalties if nothing else. They won on points but did not clean up the ugly play on offense and got burned once on D. Long way to go to be the caliber team we all expect and believe is there. But the improvement continues.

South has a class act for a football team.

Couldn't have said it better myself. When KC's offense and special teams start clicking, this will be a dangerous team. They will get there.
MVP2 Wrote:No, Im not shocked. I thought it could have been a little closer but I knew Knox would win and was the better team. Congrats Knox Central.

South was lucky it was as close as it was. KC scored only one td after about 2-3 minutes into the second qtr. They went up 20-0 early in the second but only finished 27-7. Good game by the panthers but I just think the offense couldve and shouldve put more points on the board. Jamey Mills has quietly been the difference maker. He had 3 picks in less than a game and a half. Anywho great win for panthers keep it rollin:Thumbs:
Stumpjumper Wrote:Was hoping to see a bit more improvement on the offensive side of the ball but the defense continues to impress. Still, eliminate the miscues and penalties and the offense will look much better.

Didn't take us long to get spoiled, has it? Not very long ago we would have been thrilled to put up 27 points against a 5A team.
You are right for sure. I will not forget the days when Knox was terrible. And I am proud of our team for the nice win tonight. I'm a dad first but the coach in me just wants to see this group of kids meet their potential, finally. They have worked their butts off training - now its just about being smart and having discipline on the field.

Congrats on the win Panthers. Let's keep on climbing. If it was easy everybody would be great. Its not and they aren't. But we can be.
WOW... I figured KC would had won by more than 20 pts in this game.
Congrats KC
smashmouth Wrote:Congrats to Coach Mills and the boys..anyone shocked by this?

I am shocked that it was that close thought that KC sould have won by a lot more.
Nice win for Knox. They have a solid team.
I told you guys those huge spreads weren't going to happen, Knox definitely needs to improve on O, while South is just terrible on offense.
SLHSCard Wrote:I told you guys those huge spreads weren't going to happen, Knox definitely needs to improve on O, while South is just terrible on offense.
Getting beat by 20 is not what most call a "close" game. And it could have been much worse if Knox would have cleaned up the penalties... Careful with I told you so. The folks who called for a big spread were much more right than those that did not.
Congrats to KC... However, the Panthers will need to clear everything up on Offense..Its not that the offense is that bad..its just a lot of little negative things hurt them such as penalties, effort, and inconsistency..
It was a pretty good game, but I do agree Knox could have put up more points, alot more in a hurry but hurt themselves with penalties. Knox could have pick sixed a couple on the Cards I thought. The one South scored on Canady could have picked easily and the one the kid pretty much just batted down could have went for 6 as well. Knox is pretty solid, just have to clean it up and get everyone going together. I agree with you dark wizard, Jamey Mills is playing big right now for the Panthers!
Football1 Wrote:Getting beat by 20 is not what most call a "close" game. And it could have been much worse if Knox would have cleaned up the penalties... Careful with I told you so. The folks who called for a big spread were much more right than those that did not.

Score for qtrs 1-1.25
kc-20
sl-0

Score for qtrs 1.25-end
kc-7
Sl-7

The game was much closer than the score indicated. KC should have beat this team by 40.
South has a pretty capable defense, with the turnovers they have had on offense its a wonder as to why this game wasnt a blowout.