Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lone Oak 31 Lexington Catholic 24
Final.

I guess things are starting to look up for Lone Oak while LexCath loses again. Big win for Lone Oak.
Lone Oak keeps their name among the top contenders in 4A...very nice win
Lex Cath is 1-3, wow
Stardust Wrote:Lex Cath is 1-3, wow

they also let Whitley Co put up 20+ points on them too. Cath only beat WC by 19 pts and the same team Bell Co just drilled tonight.
Stardust Wrote:Lex Cath is 1-3, wow

Where are all the Lex Cath fans that were bragging about how they were going to go undefeated or lose 1-2 games at the most? With their tough schedule it might be that they only win a couple more games.
This game was not that close. The refs kept LC in the game. The defense just needs to keep someone in the backfield and the LC qb throws all over the place.
congrats to LO, i 4got to put you down in the pickems...
Not sure how big of a win this is really.
sstack Wrote:Where are all the Lex Cath fans that were bragging about how they were going to go undefeated or lose 1-2 games at the most? With their tough schedule it might be that they only win a couple more games.

I think they were talking about basketball TongueirateSho
good job Flash
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:they also let Whitley Co put up 20+ points on them too. Cath only beat WC by 19 pts and the same team Bell Co just drilled tonight.

A game Whitley should have won if it were not for fatigue and the fact there best player was out with an injury and didnt run the ball one time that night.
Whitley led all the the way through three quarters in the one and then gave up 34 points late.
Lex Cath is a LONG way from Bell County and would get a spanking if the two meet, and im guessin Lone Oak would as well after their close score.
Tica Wrote:Not sure how big of a win this is really.

I think it means the Lone Oak folks can quit sandbagging and 4A is pretty much a 3 horse race at this point.
Stardust Wrote:I think they were talking about basketball TongueirateSho

Nice one.
Lone Oak 7 6 13 7 33
Lexington Catholic 0 3 8 14 25
Scoring summary:
LO--Davontae Wilson 10 run (Jack Coorts kick); LC--Jake Pumphrey 38 field goal; LO--Bryce Wright 1 run (kick failed); LC--Kyle Bolin 4 run (Anthony Kersey pass from Luke Fish); LO--Tanner Riley 21 interception return (Coorts kick); LO--Cole Ousley 1 run (kick failed); LO--Jarred Hill 2 run (Coorts kick); LC--Bolin 18 run (Pumphrey kick); LC--Maddox 17 pass from Bolin (Pumphrey kick).
Records: Lone Oak 4-1, Lexington Catholic 1-3.
More details: Kyle Bolin engineered two late touchdown drives in the fourth quarter, but it wasn't enough for the host Knights (1-3).

Bolin's 4-yard run cut the deficit to 13-11 in the third quarter. But Lone Oak responded with three touchdowns in a span of 5:27 -- starting with a 21-yard interception return by Tanner Riley -- to stretch the lead to 33-11.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/08/17/13961...z0zDvuyCEE
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A game Whitley should have won if it were not for fatigue and the fact there best player was out with an injury and didnt run the ball one time that night.
Whitley led all the the way through three quarters in the one and then gave up 34 points late.
Lex Cath is a LONG way from Bell County and would get a spanking if the two meet, and im guessin Lone Oak would as well after their close score.

Not so fast my friend.

2 years ago their were predictions all around that Bell was going to destroy Bullitt East and it was a 4 point victory. Same for Boyle and Lone Oak last year. Even though it was "only" a 7 point victory they still traveled over 3 hours to play and I am impressed by any team that wins at Lexington Catholic. What is this? Week 4? Lot of football left.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:A game Whitley should have won if it were not for fatigue and the fact there best player was out with an injury and didnt run the ball one time that night.

Funny thing is that this game was not nearly s close as the score
I know it must look like myself and some others were sandbagging about LO but either LO pulled the wool over our eyes too or Lex Cath is not a very good team
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:I know it must look like myself and some others were sandbagging about LO but either LO pulled the wool over our eyes too or Lex Cath is not a very good team

Could be both.

You'd think that for as bad as folks made LO seem that they would have lost this game. Not saying they'd get blown out but you would think that LexCath could have pulled out the victory. I am thinking LO will continue to get better every week and that LexCath will be happy to play the Jessamines. I don't think LexCath be as good as people think they will be come playoff time. I bet this is the last time they make such a murderous schedule.
LO won the battle of least mistakes. Two intercepts and a fumbled KO by LC were the nails in this games coffin. LO played a very solid game and did not make the same type of mistakes even though they have young team. LO quarterback had lots of time in pocket. LC rushed only 3 out the 3-5 most of the night and never pressured QB and he was poised and took advantage of the time and hit his receivers.

LC has work to do on both sides of the ball.

Congrats LO. Hope everyone traveled well. Its a long trip for a football game.
Nice win for lone oak. I am a bit surprised that catholic has been down the past 3 years or so.
What happened to teams like Lexington Catholic, Covington Catholic and Rockcastle County? The times, they are-a changin'
Grats LO
Man LC has played one brutal schedule.. It should pay off when the district rolls around if they can keep the kids up and reassure them that these games will pay off for them once they get into the district.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
LEXINGTON, KY - Lone Oak took advantage of two key third-quarter turnovers to build a lead against Lexington Catholic then held on for a 33-25 victory Friday night in Lexington.

The matchup featured Class 4A state-ranked teams in the No. 4 Purple Flash and the No. 7 (by the Associated Press) Knights.

Lone Oak now has two straight wins over LexCath after the Knights defeated the Flash in the 2007 state championship game.http://www.westkentuckystar.com/Sports/H...Cath-33-25

Lone Oak led 13-3 at halftime, but the hosts made it 13-11 on quarterback Kyle Bolin's 4-yard run and a successful 2-point conversion.

And LexCath got the ball back, but only to have Tanner Riley intercept Bolin and return 21 yards for a 20-11 advantage. LexCath then fumbled the ensuing kickoff and the Flash recovered. Freshman quarterback Cole Ousley ran for 22 yards, then went over from the 1-yard line as the Flash pushed to a 26-11 lead.

Lone Oak went up 33-11 on a Jarred Hill run in the fourth quarter then the Knights rallied with two scores but ran out of time.

Bryce Wright rushed 14 times for 80 yards for Lone Oak. Ousley hit on 13 of 27 passes for 172 yards.