Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grant Co Coaching Search
KYHSFan Wrote:Jon Resuch applied, he helped Mr. Monty Jo Lovell start the program at Grant back in the early 90's. I believe he also started the football program at Silver Grove, not sure where thats even at, just heard it. Also that they have not even started interviewing and will not until atleast next month which is only less then a week away.
Eric Herrman may have applied from what I hear. He has been an assistant under Coach Davis and under Coach Bowlin (now at EJ) when he was at Grant.

They have interviewed. They are not waiting until next month to do the interviews. Resuch was not interviewed. Yes he did coach at Summit View for a few years and I believe is the Frosh coach at Scott HS.

Dalzell has no interest in the job and has coached HS football before.
If they've done the intrviews already who are the leaders in the clubhouse?
Heard that Craig yeast applied and interviewed. Rumor has it that Paul Rains turned the job down.
barrel Wrote:They have interviewed. They are not waiting until next month to do the interviews. Resuch was not interviewed. Yes he did coach at Summit View for a few years and I believe is the Frosh coach at Scott HS.

Dalzell has no interest in the job and has coached HS football before.
he was "let" go as the scott frosh coach because of some issues during the 2009 season
Saw in the Bell Co. thread that evidently Scotty Russell applied for the Grant County job. Any truth to the family connection rumor on that thread to the Grant County job? Evidently his wife is related to the new basketball coach.
Heard the same thing on Russell. Grant or Bell, he was applying for both jobs.
Scotty did not apply for the Bell job, he would not have a chance. He did apply for Grant but I don't think he would be a good fit.
you can do it. I have coached for 13 years without a check from a school. You must just carry your football tempo over to work. Now Im self employed, but its by choice, I could never set in a class room, so I sacrifice a what was a nice 6 handicap, fishing, friends. If you want to buy in to a program, you can make it happen. I work 16 hours a day, spend 1 hour with just my kids,,,30 minutes bathing, 28 minutes of music,,,,sleep 6 hours...7 days a week....oh yea I give my wife the other two minutes, but only every other week if she is a good girl.
Any word on a coach? If they interview in December they should have annouced by now?
Heard that David Arvin has been named head coach. Don't know much about him. He must be good. I heard that they had many good applicants.
There has been an offer but it is not official yet. David Arvin coached at Washington Co. this past seen but has ties to GA and western KY. Best of luck to the Braves