Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad?
What are 5 things you think the Government does good and 5 things you think it does bad or just plan out disagree with.
This sounds like a trick question. Aside from defense, the government does very little well. At the federal level, if you include border security as part of national defense, which makes good sense to me, our government does not even do a mediocre job on defending us from invading forces. Providing national security is one of the few jobs that our Constitution gave the feds and they are failing miserably in that area.

(Our military remains the best trained, most effective fighting force in the world but left wing politicians are doing their best to inject their disastrous social engineering programs into our armed forces.)
Good
1. Post Office
2. Defense
3. Space Program (although its getting a whooping)
4. Law Enforcement
5. Roads

Bad
1. Money Management
2. Money Management
3. Money Management
4. Money Management
5. Money Management

Even in defense so much money is wasted on trivial things. Lets not get started with Congress wasting money.
The five things the Government does well for Kentuckians

1. keeps a great trade agreement with China for coal
2. keeps our poor from out right starving.
3. subsides farmers
4. post office
5. best defense, or offense in the entire world.

The five worst things that the Government does for Kentuckians

1. keeps a great trade agreement with China for coal
2. keeps our poor from out right starving.
3. subsides farmers
4. money management
5. education
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This sounds like a trick question. Aside from defense, the government does very little well. At the federal level, if you include border security as part of national defense, which makes good sense to me, our government does not even do a mediocre job on defending us from invading forces. Providing national security is one of the few jobs that our Constitution gave the feds and they are failing miserably in that area.

(Our military remains the best trained, most effective fighting force in the world but left wing politicians are doing their best to inject their disastrous social engineering programs into our armed forces.)

Brother, I agree with you 100%. The Air Force has pretty much already turned into a corporation, and they're trying their best to do the same thing with the Army and Marine Corps.
vundy33 Wrote:Brother, I agree with you 100%. The Air Force has pretty much already turned into a corporation, and they're trying their best to do the same thing with the Army and Marine Corps.
Not a week goes by that I don't receive an invitation to attend a ceremony honoring women, Hispanics, African-Americans, etc. in the military or some kind of sensitivity training. I have never worked in an corporation that spent a fraction of as much time on social engineering. I assume that most federal employees are inundated with the same kind of spam that I get.

On the other hand, private companies could certainly learn a thing or two from the military when it comes to using ceremonies and tradition to buoy morale. I receive invitations to promotion and award ceremonies daily and the few that I have attended have been very inspirational. Most of the Army officers who I have met, from generals to NCOs would be successful in any organization.