Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pregame Intro's
Dragonsdad Wrote:I know that U.K. is not high school,but,I thought that during the promotion of "Air Raid" in the late 90's was pretty cool. Harlan's got a very good passing team coming up this season and l'd like to see something similar to that done at Harlan. I love tradition. When they sing "My Old Kentucky Home" before games in Lex It gives me goose bumps. I hate to hear that Rockcastle has gotten away from thier tradition. What was that hurting. As someone earlier said,kids grew up dreaming of the day they could make that walk and touch that rock. It's ashame it was stopped. When you take away tradition you strip away identity.

Rockcastle went back to the old way last season. they now come back down the hill again.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Rockcastle went back to the old way last season. they now come back down the hill again.

:Thumbs:
Glad to hear that Rock Solid. Those kids need that. Especially the ones coming up.
A great atmosphere on Friday night will draw fans that normally may not come out to a game and that means revenue for the school/team. A good pregame show has to be worth it in my opinion. The kids are missing out at Harlan. But it comes down to the superintendant allowing these things to happen. Nobody seems to make a move to do anything without his o.k.. Sad.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Rockcastle went back to the old way last season. they now come back down the hill again.

Good, glad to hear that.

Why did they really quit to begin with?
Mama Bear Wrote:I uploaded this today.

Goosebumps :Thumbs:
Prestonsburg Blackcats
The music starts (clickity clack here come the red & black), smoke rolls out of the tunnell as the fans come to there feet & start to roar, the sirens of the rescue squad trucks on both sides of the tunnell blare along with the fire truck sirens sitting in front of the visitor section.
Student body fans make a human tunnell to mid field where at the end awaits the paper to crash through. Someone runs out in front of the team waving the P'burg emblem flag as the HUGE fireworks explode in the air. The crowd & players go wild.
Been around a lot of high school football games & never an entrance as intimidating.
Thanks for that description BCF. Sounds very exciting and for sure it's a great atmosphere for football.
We need to get more video of entrances. Love the Black Bear entrance.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I would have to say that Russell's is pretty good, like the smoke
You are correct, I read his post incorrectly....Sorry.
I dont know how to remove it, or I would
VikingFan Wrote:You are correct, I read his post incorrectly....Sorry.
I dont know how to remove it, or I would

Removed it... Smile No prob!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
I'll be honest,,, I am feeling the Harlan County entrance.

Part of that is the fact I love the song though, especially the Brad Paisley version.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I'll be honest,,, I am feeling the Harlan County entrance.

Part of that is the fact I love the song though, especially the Brad Paisley version.
That song is awesome for a football intro. I would make the stadium completely silent until that last line and then BOOOOOOM.

I'll upload a copy of Pikeville from this past year in a lil bit.
[Image: http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...6223_n.jpg]

[Image: http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...4385_n.jpg]

There's alot of things I'll never remember about high school. Those Friday's, I will never forget. I'll never forget chanting "Na-than Car-Roll" before PC, and as the teams walked to the coin toss singing "We Ready" by Archie Eversole.

But my best memory, is a postgame photo. The caption of this photo on my Facebook says it all ... "What a way to end Senior Year at the CAM"

[Image: http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a...9583_n.jpg]
Your a good fan Belfry0304!

I think Pburgs runout is good! Always like how LOUD the music boomed in that stadium.
Always thought it would be cool to have the team run out to the intro from

The Who - Baba O'Reilly
Never Leave Harlan Alive works for obvious reasons and I of course love it. I have a copy in my truck I listen to on the way to games. Once last year during a game they messed up upstairs and played just the beginning where just the guitar plays and it got the crowd really pumped!
Harlan Bloody Harlan...My grandma would always say, please dont go to Harlan..They will kill you and bury you in a coal mine....Harlan was no joke when I was 16...along time ago....Harlan always had a Aura of trouble. I remember our base ball coach made us quit chattering in the field because some of the Harlan Parents were complaining, and he didnt want any trouble in Harlan, hed say,,,"" we wont get out of here, hush""!

I just watched their intro for the first time a few minutes ago,,,and it made me remember What Harlan was known for when I was growing up,,,trouble,,,I think their intro is one of the best I seen (youtube ),,,our open week, I will be in Harlan just to experience the intro,,,,,,