Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 7 Knott Co Central 4 14th Region Championship
Final from Estill Co as the cougars win and advance to the state tournament. Go Cougars!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
King of KCC gave it a ride with two on. Congrats Coach Dean! See you at Whitaker Bank Park in Lexington.
they just barley escaped that 7th inning, KCC just missed the game tying Home Run from the way the announcers were talking

Congrats Cougars, Represent the 14th Well Next Week
Man this one is going to be tough to swallow for KCC. They beat LCC all through the season and in district and lose to them in the big one. Congrats Cougars.
it could have gotten worse for KCC if LCC hadn't left the bases loaded earlier in the game, it could have been 8/9/10 maybe 11-4 if they scored all those runs
Congrats to Letcher Central!!!! What a crazy tournament I still can't get over that first round game with Hazard
on behalf of ECHS and the Athletics Department, Administration, we would like to Thanks all the Teams that played in the Region Tournament, the fans that were able to make the long trip down here, and to the Radio Guys (Killerb & 104.9 Stanton) for covering the Region. We Welcome you all back anytime and look forward to hosting the Region Again. Have a Safe Trip Home and Cougars Good Luck Next Week, have a Safe Trip to Whitaker Bank Ballpark and back home. Best of Luck to all the Teams Next Year!
Hats of to Coach Dean, no one really even talked bout LCC and he does it again. Congrats LCC!

Great season KCC.
MVP2 Wrote:Hats of to Coach Dean, no one really even talked bout LCC and he does it again. Congrats LCC!

Great season KCC.
Who was mvp of the tournament?
Congrats LCC. And good luck!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'm not a 100% sure but I believe this game might been on TV
^ nvm, it wasn't
Coach Dean wins the region with a young team. I hear most of the team will be back the next couple of years. That's scary for the rest of the region. He's probably the best coach in the region, and at a school the size of LCC he will always be in dangerous to win the region, and maybe a state title in the future.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Coach Dean wins the region with a young team. I hear most of the team will be back the next couple of years. That's scary for the rest of the region. He's probably the best coach in the region, and at a school the size of LCC he will always be in dangerous to win the region, and maybe a state title in the future.

They lose Tanner Sexton and Dallas Adams this year. 2 JR, rest are Sophomores and Freshman.

Estill has alot of good talent coming back and coming in that can make a Run at the Region as well as do the other teams.
Strikeout King Wrote:on behalf of ECHS and the Athletics Department, Administration, we would like to Thanks all the Teams that played in the Region Tournament, the fans that were able to make the long trip down here, and to the Radio Guys (Killerb & 104.9 Stanton) for covering the Region. We Welcome you all back anytime and look forward to hosting the Region Again. Have a Safe Trip Home and Cougars Good Luck Next Week, have a Safe Trip to Whitaker Bank Ballpark and back home. Best of Luck to all the Teams Next Year!

:Thumbs:
jackbenimble Wrote:Who was mvp of the tournament?

Sophomore Jordan Short. He is a pitcher and third baseman
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Coach Dean wins the region with a young team. I hear most of the team will be back the next couple of years. That's scary for the rest of the region. He's probably the best coach in the region, and at a school the size of LCC he will always be in dangerous to win the region, and maybe a state title in the future.

Coach Dean is a tremendous coach and in my opinion, the best coach in the 14th region. His team has a bright future as they have some tremendous 8th graders coming in also. Below I show how young his starters were tonight in the championship.

Pitcher - started with a Senior(Dallas Adams) but a Sophomore(Jordan Short) gets the win.

Catcher - Ethan Mason - Junior

1st Base - Started with a Freshman(King) and went to a Senior(Adams) after the pitching change.

2nd Base - Caleb Baker - Sophomore

Shortstop - Tanner Sexton - Senior

3rd Base - Started with a Sophomore(Short) and went to a Freshman(King) after the pitching change.

Left Field - Fox - Freshman

Center Field - Dollarhide - Sophomore

Right Field - Salyers - Freshman

DH - Hall - Freshman

The Commodores sweep the Hardwood and the Cougars sweep the Diamond. Good luck in Owensboro and in Lexington to the Lady Cougars and Cougars.
I have heard that they have a stud in Zane Blair. What can you guys tell me about him? I also want to thank StrikeoutKing for giving us play by play.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Who all made the All-Tournament Team?
Still trying to figure it out. Don't even know who was the MVP of the tournament.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Congratulations to Coach Brian Dean and the Letcher Central Cougars for winning the 14th
Region Baseball. They truly are champions as they went through the toughest draw and beat everybody's best pitcher. Good luck at the State Tournament!
BlueGold1 Wrote:Congratulations to Coach Brian Dean and the Letcher Central Cougars for winning the 14th
Region Baseball. They truly are champions as they went through the toughest draw and beat everybody's best pitcher. Good luck at the State Tournament!

Letcher Central really showed that they are the Champs....

Everyone had Letcher as the 4th best team going in....

They beat the other top 3 teams to win it....
JackRabbitSlim predicted this a few months ago in a prediction post. He stated that these rebuilding years are when Brian Dean is at his best. Brian Dean is the best coach in the mountains IMO. Tanner Sexton is a big part of these younger kids playing together as they have. KUDOS to both.

Good luck at state.
what is scary is the players that is returning next year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Commanche Wrote:JackRabbitSlim predicted this a few months ago in a prediction post. He stated that these rebuilding years are when Brian Dean is at his best. Brian Dean is the best coach in the mountains IMO. Tanner Sexton is a big part of these younger kids playing together as they have. KUDOS to both.

Good luck at state.

I thought Steve Priode was the best coach in the mountains??? Hmmmm? :HitWall:

Congrats to the Cougars and best of luck at Whitaker Park!
cougarpride08 Wrote:I have heard that they have a stud in Zane Blair. What can you guys tell me about him? I also want to thank StrikeoutKing for giving us play by play.

You all are very much welcome. Anytime, It was a privilege to keep everyone (including the one's that wasn't able to make it) updated and make it feel as if they were at the game.
I have to admit I was on pins and needles when I was reading the info. I really thought they responded well after being down 0-2 and the errors early in the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:I have to admit I was on pins and needles when I was reading the info. I really thought they responded well after being down 0-2 and the errors early in the game.

I thought that when Knott came out and started hitting the ball and starting to score runs like they did I thought that it would be over in 5, LCC done a very nice job of settling down and throwing strikes and getting players out like they needed too and they started hitting the ball late in the game and started scoring runs when they needed too and by doing those things they came out on top as Region Champs