Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
J.B. Holmes from UK
J.B. Holmes is from Campbellsville and attened UK he won a PGA tourney today in Arizona I can't remember which tourney it was but I'll get the details after the SuperBowl. I watched some of it and it was strange to see people at a PGA tourney with UK shirts on. This was his 4th tourney and he already had one top ten finish. Comparing his PGA start to Tiger when he turned pro. I think it was on hole 15 he went in with a 1 shot lead and finished the hole with a six shot lead. He had an eagle and the guy in 2nd had a triple bogey.

Congrats to Holmes.:dance:
It was the FBR open and he won by seven shots. I would think this is the first UK grad to win a PGA event.
He is my favorite golfer because not only is he from kentucky but hes a big guy and its always good when a big guy wins.......congrats j b
I agree Golfman.
I like the way he changed his name from john holmes to jb holmes. i played against him in the khsaa state golf tournament in 2000, he was awsome
Anybody else see on the 17th (I think it was 17) where he pulled out an iron, looked around to see what everybody would do, laughed, and dropped it back in his bag, pulled out his driver and knocked it on the green?

My brother was playing against him in high school, my brother's not bad, he said there was a hole and he killed a driver and barely got it short of the hill leading to the green, Holmes took out a 4 iron, and hit the ball over the green.
He has tremendous talent. I hope he only continues to improve, it was really cool watching him win yesterday.

They said his dad flew in for the final round but stayed low until the 18th where JB first saw him yesterday, VERY cool!

Congrats to him! :golf:
They said he was the fastest golfer to make $1 million also.. He did great! Congrats to Holmes!
Did anybody else see where the reporter asked him why he started going by JB Holmes instead of Jon? "If you need to ask that, they you don't need to know"
"BFritz" Wrote:Anybody else see on the 17th (I think it was 17) where he pulled out an iron, looked around to see what everybody would do, laughed, and dropped it back in his bag, pulled out his driver and knocked it on the green?

My brother was playing against him in high school, my brother's not bad, he said there was a hole and he killed a driver and barely got it short of the hill leading to the green, Holmes took out a 4 iron, and hit the ball over the green.
That was his 3wood on the 17th , He flew it 298 yards and it ended up going 302 j
"CatDawg" Wrote:It was the FBR open and he won by seven shots. I would think this is the first UK grad to win a PGA event.

Steve Flesch is a UK grad. he's won a toury or two.

Ive been following this guy since He started at UK and he is the real deal. He has a self taught golf swing that is very good for hitting the long ball and straight to. He has good all around game and will be a good player for a long time as long as he uses his head. this isnt a fluke he will win alot more tournments in his career and will win again this year