Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt 53 Pike Central 20
Bigblue#4 Wrote:What I don't understand you have a coach that has brought you 3 winning season and almost beat Belfry a years ago and went to the regional final his first year and posted a 9-1 record and 8-2 record the last two year and you want rid of him. All I can say is your crazy go back to winning three games a year, because Chapman will win were every he goes. He is a defensive mastermind he can't help if your kids can't make the tackle. But this is your all school do what every you want with it.

If the rumors prove true and Chapman goes from PC to JCHS I have a feeling it wasn't so much about him being forced out as it is JCHS needing a HC.

BUT....

If you need to play Devil's advocate for Pike Central. Chapman did take their program to new heights, but at what cost? (Figurative and literal)

They won games against one of the weaker non-district schedules in the State. They have no district titles, no regional titles, and no State Titles to show for it. They gave Belfry one close game and got blown out twice. They had early playoff exits the past two years. They were investigated by the KHSAA and had an entire season wiped from the slate and had to pay fines. The majority of the media buzz surrounding their program is extremely negative with backlash coming from numerous angles.
Bigblue#4 Wrote:What I don't understand you have a coach that has brought you 3 winning season and almost beat Belfry a years ago and went to the regional final his first year and posted a 9-1 record and 8-2 record the last two year and you want rid of him. All I can say is your crazy go back to winning three games a year, because Chapman will win were every he goes. He is a defensive mastermind he can't help if your kids can't make the tackle. But this is your all school do what every you want with it.

Me personally, I don't want Chapman to leave...he's developed Pike Central into a relevant team in Pike County and I respect him for that.

But everybody really seems to think that he's going to leave, either re-joining Breathitt County or taking another coaching spot closer to home.

What year did he almost beat Belfry?
Buc-a-roo Wrote:What year did he almost beat Belfry?

His 1st season, I believe PC took a 14-12 lead heading into the 4th quarter.

Belfry got 2 late scores and won 24-14
p_c Hawks Wrote:for the love of god, please do not reproduce

Sorry, already have! AND---FWIW, MY nephew was on the PIRATE team that beat PC so yes, my family reproduces rather well!!
I would like to bring up something that has not been brought up about our Breathitt VS Pike Central game.It was a game of SPORTSMANSHIP.Almost every time we tackled them or they tackled us it was good to see the OTHER team extend a hand and pick the opposising player up.Then we would run the nextplay;make the big hit and help the other player back up;pat him on the back ;whatever.At any rate it was very refreshing to see such respect and sportsmanship from BOTH teams.They had a job to do and didn't make it "personal".Very refreshing.
BOBCAT Wrote:I would like to bring up something that has not been brought up about our Breathitt VS Pike Central game.It was a game of SPORTSMANSHIP.Almost every time we tackled them or they tackled us it was good to see the OTHER team extend a hand and pick the opposising player up.Then we would run the nextplay;make the big hit and help the other player back up;pat him on the back ;whatever.At any rate it was very refreshing to see such respect and sportsmanship from BOTH teams.They had a job to do and didn't make it "personal".Very refreshing.

That is refreshing, BOBCAT, and good to hear. That is the way it should be every week, every game, no matter the opponents.
That is great the players showed respect toward each other. That is the way the game should be played. I would also say that chapman went to center field and shook hands with coach Holcomb. The same can't be said when PC played Belfry. That has alot to do with fans not liking him. His attitude in general.