20. Livingston Central

21. Boyd Co.

22. South Laurel

23. Apollo

24. Harrison Co.

25. Collins

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/rankings.htm
Harrison co in the top 25 . It may be a little of a stretch can't wait to see
Estill County plays 4 possibly 5 top 25 teams (Harrison, Dunbar, South Laurel, Madison Central) Maybe North Laurel depending on how the brackets are for the Jaguar Invitational at North Laurel.
Harrison Co. Deserves the ranking. They will b starting 6 freshman on the Varsity. Started 5-6 8th graders last year. Future is very bright. Not to mention they have the best power hitter in the state. (Ashley Coppage)
How is Mercy not #1, I think they lost a1st baseman and a pitcher. They have 2 great pitchers still on the team.
Bob how will Mercy be without Josh???? I think Vorbrink will do a good job. His Daughter can play. Fastpitch I think there are several stretches on this list...
I was also surprised that Mercy was not #1.
That is my point softball knowledge there team is very young and they lost one of the best young players the Stevens kid a good bat and glove.
I hope Harrison does well this year... Last year 10th region was the weakest it has been in years. This year from the look of there schedule they should be ok. Ashley is a nice player and hitter but she wouldn't do as well facing pitching from the western part of the state. Last year at sports warehouse tournament they had a tough time. Will they be better this year??? I believe they will be but in the top 25???? Not sure.... but I think they need to strengthen there schedule up
hmmmmm I see Boyd but no Ashland???? Interesting
I follow more of the 6 and 7 region, because of where I live, but I'm starting to follow the 8th more. How is it that Collins is ranked and Anderson County is not ranked. Hasn't Anderson owned that district?
Collins first season was 2011.... they kind of flip back and forth with Anderson Co. past couple of years....
outsidein Wrote:hmmmmm I see Boyd but no Ashland???? Interesting

I thought the same thing. I expected Ashland to be in ahead of Boyd.

Bobsoftball Wrote:I follow more of the 6 and 7 region, because of where I live, but I'm starting to follow the 8th more. How is it that Collins is ranked and Anderson County is not ranked. Hasn't Anderson owned that district?

I was surprised that Collins was ranked. Collins and Anderson have been pretty even over the last two seasons, with Anderson winning 3 and Collins winning 2, and they have both eliminated each other in the first round of the district. Last season Collins was up and down and did not meet expectations. They lost in the regional finals in their first season and only lost one player from that team, but last year they failed to make the region. They return a few talented players this year, including Bailey Rankin who will play D1 softball at Southern University. I also heard that a freshman pitcher moved in from out of state and is supposed to be pretty good. I guess we will see how good they are once the season starts.

Anderson County had a young team last year and should be improved this year.
How is Harrison Countys pitching this year? Is it the same as last year or have they added any new ones? Where did there players play travel ball at last year I might have seen them play?
Mercy not #1? Yes, those Western KY coaches like to stick together!!
Ryle losing Smith is probably ranked too high, as is Scott Co.
Lone Oak should be higher. PRP shouldn't be on the list, and Bullitt East should be.