Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USA 156 - Nigeria 73
3 Olympics records broke.

Most scored in a game-156 (138 was the previous record)

Most points scored by one player in a game- 37 (Melo)

USA shatters the 3pointers made in a game-29 previous record (13)

And who said this team couldnt beat the "Dream Team" Big Grin
^ The Dream Team could play defense, they weren't cardboard cutouts Wink
running up the score? Come on put the scrubs in:biglmao:
I really dont see the point of playing these teams. Olympics or not.
Stardust Wrote:^ The Dream Team could play defense, they weren't cardboard cutouts Wink

^this......the dream team would have never allowed 73 points...
judgementday Wrote:^this......the dream team would have never allowed 73 points...

They evidently wouldn't have put up 156 points either.
Since the USA shattered a record that didn't even belong to the Dream Team.
When your talking dream team compared to today, you have to look at a variable of different things.
First off, the style of play couldnt be any more different.
With the dream team, it was sound fundamental basketball and in your face defense. By todays NBA standards, atleast until you get into the playoffs when it matters, the NBA has become somewhat of a "pickup" league where making cool plays on a concrete court is what it looks like.
IMHO, you just cant compare the two teams. One thing i can say is this team would definitly NOT put up a 100 points, nor would they hold the dream team to under 80. So you do the math.
Give me the original dream team. Who played D and didn't shoot 3's every time down the floor.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
If Melo goes 10-12 I could care less how many 3s go up
But 1 person wouldn't beat Michael and them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL