Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best in the 58th!
Who are some of the better players, and your pick to win the district this year. IMO the district will be weak compared to past years, with P-burg, Allen Central, and Betsy Layne all losing a lot to Graduation.
Allen central and Prestonsburg will be the better teams. As for players, I'm ot sure. I didn't get a chance to see Prestonsburg much last season. And only did get to see AC twice. AC has some good talent. Pitching is going to be their achellies heal.
AC will return Juniors Scott Little and ALex Hammonds, Sophomore Josh Prater and Freshmen Logan Crowder. All 4 have Varsity pitching experience with Little being the most experienced.
Allen Central will be the frontrunner again this year. They return some good experience and add some nice freshman.

Prestonsburg will be the preseason challenger to AC. With Josh Rodebaugh on the mound they'll stand a chance to defeat a lot of teams. They'll have to really pick it up defensively though.

Betsy Layne will be a step behind the other 2 teams losing their best players. They didn't really bring in a lot of quality either, so they'll have to develop some players.

South Floyd has been the weakest team in the district for a while, and looks to continue to be. But you never know, things can change and this might be the year for SF; but they'll have to do it with the players they've not been able to do it with for the past few years. I hope to see SF succeed, but they have their work cut out for them.