Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher 8 Knott 4
Letcher picks up first win against Knott. Sounds like Letcher will be in the hunt this year in the 14th. Knott is a struggling team but a win is a win. Confidence will grow for Letcher and their defense is usually solid.Congrats Cougars !!!
LCC usually run rules this team. Has KCC improved that much?
I was hoping Letcher central was going to be the team to beat this year and finally be the most feared team in the 14th . It's early but it looks like I was wrong , the win over knott county last night was , a win . Your are right hit and run but if you saw the game you know it could have easily went the other way. Knott is a team that has gotten better the last couple of year and will continue to do so . I know everyone has a bad game and its early but you have to agree that jenkins is the front runner in the 14th and even know people think they are down this year they have proven thus far that's not true, may even be better than they were last year when there losses against some opponents they played showed they were losing a step or two. LCC has the potential to have a good season with there roster and Estill will be good east ridge is posting some wins right know and there losses have come against some good teams so far , Perry is still behind a little but I fell they will only get stronger as the season goes on I hope that is the case for letcher also can't wait to see.
Letcher has good enough players to win region but you also need coach that knows what there doing to be a good team. Just saying
Agree that Jenkins is probably the team to beat in the 14th. Estill and Powell are right there also. Still believe Letcher will be there hopefully by the end of the season. Didn't think that KCC has improved a whole lot,checked KHSAA and they have 1 win and 5 losses thus far. That's not an improved team in my book according to their record last year. Still think Letcher will dominate in their district and be competitive in the 14th.
Perry Central will be good come tourney time. They got two big wins today with one of them being considered an upset as they knocked off Garrard County. Garrard usually fields a pretty solid team.
Improvement is not always judged by wins and losses , I'm not saying they will have a winning record for the year. The seem to have interest in there program and the girls are becoming more fundamentally sound . LCC will be there in the end and PCC beat a team that jenkins lost to in Garrard , they will be there in the end but Jenkins is not the down team everyone said they would be and the good players they lost have not slowed them down at all , I saw them in Lexington catholic even know they lost they looked better than last year when I saw them more solid in all areas.
Hit N' Run Wrote:Agree that Jenkins is probably the team to beat in the 14th. Estill and Powell are right there also. Still believe Letcher will be there hopefully by the end of the season. Didn't think that KCC has improved a whole lot,checked KHSAA and they have 1 win and 5 losses thus far. That's not an improved team in my book according to their record last year. Still think Letcher will dominate in their district and be competitive in the 14th.

KCC gets a little revenge tonight. Anybody still want to say that they have not improved this year? These girls and coaches have worked very hard this season. They deserve just a little bit of credit! Congrats KCC on the win over Letcher!
I will give KCC props and eat crow on this one.They have improved alot and this was a statement win as they say.Really thought Letcher would be playing better later on in the season.Overlooked Knott sounds like.Didn't mean to ruffle feathers at all.Just based observations on past seasons with Knott's program. Glad to see Knott do well and they may be a force in the 14th this season.I'll definitely give credit where it's due.Congrats KCC.
No feathers ruffled here. Just glad to see our girls playing better and getting a little credit for it. Knott definitely hasn't had a very good softball program in previous years. Glad to see them improving. I don't know what's going on over at Letcher but they did seem to struggle last night. Little mistakes ended up costing them several runs. Our team has went through the same thing. It will definitely be interesting come tournament time!
Seems to me they took Knott Co to litely. To excited about the new field. They will be fine.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I don't know why they would take them to lightly they didn't beat them to handily the first time . I was at the Lcc baseball game Friday and some parents are starting to talk about the coaches and the poor attitude of the girls along with poor sportsmanship by the players . I don't know what the coaches know about the game but these are things that parents and coaches have to control or they won't win . In my opinion the first game on their new field should be worth afew runs for them before the game started .