Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA Finalizes Reclassification
LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) reviewed the final classification alignment for high school football teams for the 2015-18 seasons earlier today during a meeting at KHSAA headquarters in Lexington.

Kentucky's high school governing body convened this morning to review the final requests made by member schools in response to the proposed reclassification of schools in football.

COMPLETE STORY
Not many changes from the orginal draft as expected.
Final alignment will be out later today
Per Jason Frakes

this is the final alignment
Williamsburg and Hazard in the same district...
Love it as a Belfry fan.

- 4 Team District with the teams Belfry has been accustomed to playing. Maximizes Belfry's scheduling ability and doesn't occupy a game with a weak District Foe. Have 7 Non-District games to play with which should allow them to keep rivalries active with Pikeville and Johnson Central.

- Opposite District is a 6 team District headlined by Russell. Opposite effect of above. Russell who is the clear head of the class now has 5 game son their schedule locked and most of them against teams that won't sharpen them. Limits options and flexibility for non-district teams to prepare for Belfry.

- Opposite Region re-introduces Bell County...a match-up many has been waiting over a decade to see.

- Keep the nastiness of Boyle County, LexCath, Central, etc out West to beat up on each other in the playoffs.
Looks like Whitley got back into our district, and Madison Southern move out into another district.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Being a Highlands fan, I love being in a new class, it gives us a chance to see a lot of new faces which I think is a lot of fun. I am just glad Cov Cath is in same class and very glad BG is in same class now.
Does anyone know anything about Madison Southern's request to be moved districts? Makes sense I guess, just didn't know where they were thinking they'd go?
Wonder why the switch of Hazard to district 7 instead of district 8??
I can't blame them...Driving to Phelps would be a nightmare.
I wonder if it has to with a recent rivalry with Williamsburg??
Real Badman Wrote:I can't blame them...Driving to Phelps would be a nightmare.

Isn't that pretty much a nightmare for everybody, even those in Pike County outside of maybe East Ridge?:thatsfunn
cougarpride08 Wrote:Looks like Whitley got back into our district, and Madison Southern move out into another district.

They were finally able to make it into two 5 team district and Madison Southern get boggled out of district 7.
I don't know why North didn't just stay in district 7 since Madison Southern left.

It would had make since if it were to be able two five team district, but since MS is no longer in the picture, if I were a north fan id rather drive to Pulaski county and across town for district games instead of Harlan and hazard.
It would make more sense to me to put the Laurels with Perry, Letcher and HCHS and Whitley with the Pulaski schools - two five-team districts.
HDE Wrote:It would make more sense to me to put the Laurels with Perry, Letcher and HCHS and Whitley with the Pulaski schools - two five-team districts.

I would be fine with that, but if you look at the final draft, Madison Souther is no longer going to be in the region. There in district 6.

So even if you did that, district 8 would be a 5 team district and district 7 would be a 4 team district with Whitley, Pulaski, SW, and Lincoln.
I don't get why they put Knott Central in 3A District 7 along with Breathitt, Estill, Magoffin, Morgan and Powell. I understand why those 5 are in the same district, Mountain parkway district, but Knott County? Knott County would have been better off in Belfry's district.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would be fine with that, but if you look at the final draft, Madison Souther is no longer going to be in the region. There in district 6.

So even if you did that, district 8 would be a 5 team district and district 7 would be a 4 team district with Whitley, Pulaski, SW, and Lincoln.

My mistake. I thought they moved back.
I still think keeping the Laurels together is more logical.
HDE Wrote:My mistake. I thought they moved back.
I still think keeping the Laurels together is more logical.

It definitely makes since to have to schools in the same county in the same district, but I guess they showed they didn't care about that when they constructed these awful basketball district.
As I said before though, it should make scheduling for them easier. That's one guaranteed non district game every year.