Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Softball Fields in the 15th?
Who has the best fields???
Larence Co has one of the best They had new bleachers pressbox and new dugouts all completed in 2005 No matter how much rain can play on it
ballfan87 Wrote:Larence Co has one of the best They had new bleachers pressbox and new dugouts all completed in 2005 No matter how much rain can play on it
Just saw the East Ridge Field today It is state of the art complex These 2 teams have the areas best fields:Clap:
The new Massie Energy Field at Belfry is awesome. Great infield layed with brick dirt, beautiful dugouts, nice three tier catch fence behind home to protect fans, nice aluminum bleachers behind home with an unobstructed view of the entire field, great lighting for night games. Future plans of covering the stands to keep fans out of the weather. The only bad thing is the grass is only one season old and is still maturing and with some fertilizing and a little work this summer and fall should be the best field in the region next year... did I mention the cossesions and press-box they are super nice as well. I've been to games at just about ever softball field in the region this year and the only one I saw better was East Ridge and that was just a grass thing, very well maintained and established grass on that mountain top.
BIG JOHN Wrote:The new Massie Energy Field at Belfry is awesome. Great infield layed with brick dirt, beautiful dugouts, nice three tier catch fence behind home to protect fans, nice aluminum bleachers behind home with an unobstructed view of the entire field, great lighting for night games. Future plans of covering the stands to keep fans out of the weather. The only bad thing is the grass is only one season old and is still maturing and with some fertilizing and a little work this summer and fall should be the best field in the region next year... did I mention the cossesions and press-box they are super nice as well. I've been to games at just about ever softball field in the region this year and the only one I saw better was East Ridge and that was just a grass thing, very well maintained and established grass on that mountain top.
boy if this keeps up the boys teams are going to start hollering about equality.it's about time the young women of east ky have nice facilities.and from what i've seen it is an investment that is paying off in scholarships,increased revenue and female atheletes having another venue to show their skills.
East Ridge has a beautiful field. Terry Morgan works hard for its upkeep.

BIG JOHN Wrote:The new Massie Energy Field at Belfry is awesome. Great infield layed with brick dirt,
Yes, it is very nice.
However, I think any field that uses crushed brick is horrible...great for soaking up rain and looking pretty but it is horrible on uniforms(lots of slide tears) and hard on the skin as well(can you say strawberries?) There are other great dirt area covers that are much better overall.

Most top notch fields stopped using crushed brick at least 10 years ago.
Definitely NOT south floyd's field lol.
[B]Go Lady Vols! [/B]
BIG JOHN Wrote:The new Massie Energy Field at Belfry is awesome. Great infield layed with brick dirt, beautiful dugouts, nice three tier catch fence behind home to protect fans, nice aluminum bleachers behind home with an unobstructed view of the entire field, great lighting for night games. Future plans of covering the stands to keep fans out of the weather. The only bad thing is the grass is only one season old and is still maturing and with some fertilizing and a little work this summer and fall should be the best field in the region next year... did I mention the cossesions and press-box they are super nice as well. I've been to games at just about ever softball field in the region this year and the only one I saw better was East Ridge and that was just a grass thing, very well maintained and established grass on that mountain top.

Shew yeah! I played in the outfield and that grass is something else to try to play in believe me! lol It slows your speed down. And the bases are REALLY bouncey, kinda like mini trampolines out there! Fun to stand on during time outs. But a very nice field! (minus the grass) lol
sad to say i think the warriors have the best softball field. probably because it's still kinda a new school tho
why are you sad to say that, rick?
I think that SV should have a nice field. The softball program is the most successful program at the school.
Good post Hootie!!!! Let me know about those tickets. lol.
hootie Wrote:I think that SV should have a nice field. The softball program is the most successful program at the school.

It is the one program that has been consistent for the past 17 years. The Lady Batkats have participated in every softball regional since the inception of softball. They have played in 5 regional championships ...runners-up 1997 & 2002, and they have won it 3 times...2000, 2005, 2006...and they return a rather strong team this season. They lost in the region to Belfry 1-0 in 2003 and 4-3 in 2004...Belfry won the region both years. It would be nice if they had the facilities Pikeville, East Ridge, and Belfry have. God knows they deserve it!:thumpsup:
I agree EB!!