Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICW @ Pburg National Guard Armory
Thought I would share a funny story from around 1980. My dad, brother and I went to watch Icw wrestling at the Pburg National Guard Armory. I think the main event was Randy "Macho Man" Savage vs "Leaping" Lanny Poffo. Anyway, Wee Willie was also on the card, don't remember who he was wrestling. Something happened somewhere along the way and Randy Savage begins to chase Wee Willie around the ring. This infuriated my dad who never really understood that wrestling was a work and neither did my brother or I at the time. But my dad had been used to watching the Original Sheik up in Michigan, so you could understand why he thought everything was real. So as Savage chases the midget toward where we're sitting my dad jumps and say's to Savage, Quit chasing that midget you son of a bitch and fight someone you're own size. Savage of course, comes toward my father and tell's him that he will.."see him in the parking lot when this is over" I remember walking out when it was over, scared to death. My dad says to us, now boys if he jumps me, just go to the truck and get the bumper jack and we will lay him out with that!!! Yeah, like it would have lasted long enough for us to actually get that and make it back too him. Just a funny story I thought I would share. I really do miss the days of Pro Wrestling and I really don't like sports entertainment. Give me the Icw, Southeastern wrestling, Southwestern wrestling which pre-dated WWF on the USA network. They made it believeable and it was a lot more enjoyable. :ChairHit:
Great story. Thanks for sharing. I agree with you. I miss wrestling too.