Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Constables: Untrained and unaccountable
http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime...30267.html

This is a great article from the Lexington Herald.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I agree with the article 100%.
Our sheriff has been trying to get constables out of the county for a long time. As the article states, they have little to no training, larger than normal egos, and refuse to follow the same laws they can charge others with.
I personally haven't seen anything bad from the constables in this county that are currently elected, however, their are four of them, and the one representing my district is about 80 years old, drives around an old used police car hes had for 20 years, wears an old revolver on his side, and does absolutely nothing except collect a tax payer paycheck and has been retired for a long time.
Our sheriff refuses to work with them, and rightfully so, and also bars them from radio contact on there channels which caused a little uproar last year. All they are is a burden to the tax payer. I would be completely fine with abolishing the seat.
I also think that its completely ridiculous that coroners require no training as well, and there was a big article on that just this past year. Most of the time, they are simple funeral home employees. Stuff like that needs to change. I think that article on the coroners states that there were so many coroners in this state who hadn't even attended some yearly coroner thing they were supposed to attend.
Its up to the voters though. And unfortunately, in most KY counties, they will elect someone who buys votes or is a piece of trash simply for favors and or money.
Its ridiculous and needs to end.
I could be remembering incorrectly here, but aren't there certain people that a constable is the only officer that can arrest them?

I also agree with the article. We have a new sheriff, any not only do the deputies go through specific training, the sheriff requires additional and more intensive training. I like our sheriff's department now.