Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 7 Magoffin 1
In the 1st inning magoffin gave up 3 runs,And held them through 2nd, 3rd and 4th inning. Magoffin gave up 2 runs in the 5th, and 1 a piece in the 6th and 7 th inning. JC gave up their 1 run in the bottom of the 7th.
On the mound for MC was soph. Billy Perkins
Another solid game by JC. They keep impressing me more and more each time they take the field. Wish I could have been their tonight. Who pitched for JC?
eaglehoops Wrote:Another solid game by JC. They keep impressing me more and more each time they take the field. Wish I could have been their tonight. Who pitched for JC?
JC did not play well at all tonite but they did what they had to do to win and that is all that counts. Nick Vance pitched six innings of two hit ball. Cody Parker pitched the seventh. I think the radio said that Justin Blanton, Chase Richardson, Aaron Haney, and JK Ratliff had two hits apiece for the Eagles. :rockon:
Congrats Eagles!
Congrats JC
Eagle Eye Wrote:JC did not play well at all tonite but they did what they had to do to win and that is all that counts. Nick Vance pitched six innings of two hit ball. Cody Parker pitched the seventh. I think the radio said that Justin Blanton, Chase Richardson, Aaron Haney, and JK Ratliff had two hits apiece for the Eagles. :rockon:

If JC didn't play well and got to rest their 1-4 pitching starers and still won then I'im one happy Eagle fan. Nick Vance and Parker (If his attitude changes) are going to be very special in a few years.
Congrats JC. Good game by the MC hornets. you guys did the best you can and dont forget hornets JC is best team in the region ( thats my thought) and also a top team in the state. Great game by both teams
Also, lets not forget Magoffin didn't throw anyone from thier 4 man rotation eigther. Not saying in any way that the Magoffin County team has the talent or is as sound as Central but JC is not the only team that saved pitching in this game and JC didn't put up big numbers in this one.
Congrats JC.
I was at this game and it was a fairly good one, except for the 1st and 6th inning. JC scored 3 times in the top of the 1st and again in the top of the 6th (and 1 in the top of the 7th) but other than that MC played a good defensive game, they just could not generate any offense at key situations. For instance with 2 on and no outs in the bottom of the 3rd i believe, MC had a great opportunity to score and who knows what might have happened, but give credit to JC's pitcher, Nick Vance who struck out the next 3 batters to get out of the jam. On both sides the strike zone, (IF THERE WAS ONE) was awful and very inconsistent. I think you have to give credit to Magoffin's pitcher Perkins, who really kept JC's potent offense off balance with his knuckle ball and his off-speed junk. JC did get some hits at key times in the game, but I think this was a good game overall and I would think it would give the Hornets some confidence for the rest of the season. Good luck to both teams and who knows, they may meet again, but I think if they do, you will definetly see both of there aces on the mound. One other note, Congrats to JC starting P and SS, Matt Fyffe, who will sign a LOI to play college baseball at EKU, but you might even have the major league draft to think about this season, so Good Luck to you for the rest of this season and in your future.