Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bigger Picture of Donald Trump's Administration
A flashy, flamboyant Billionaire businessman with no prior political office experience has just been elected by the American citizens as the 45th President of the United States of America.

Mr. Trump's political party has control of the House & Senate.... and looking at the election returns, Trump dominated some counties that voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Mr. Trump has one vacant Supreme Court Justice seat to fill. And let's face it, our Supreme Court is OLD. With a 4-4 split, Trump, the House and Senate can finally get a 6-3 majority. This to me, is the biggest storyline of the election. Our nation is not gone yet.

D - Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 83.
R - Justice Anthony Kennedy is 81.
D - Justice Stephen Breyer is 78.
R - Justice Clarence Thomas is 68.
R - Justice Samuel Alto is 66.
D - Justice Sonia Sotomayor is 62.
R - Chief Justice John Roberts is 61.
D - Justice Elena Kagan is 56.

If Mr. Trump is able to "Make America Great Again", the Republican Party can grow their majority in the House & Senate.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Ruth Bader Ginsburg was openly critical of Donald Trump, to the point of having to issue a public apology for some of her comments. I expect her to voluntarily step down very soon.
Granny Bear Wrote:Ruth Bader Ginsburg was openly critical of Donald Trump, to the point of having to issue a public apology for some of her comments. I expect her to voluntarily step down very soon.

#Retirement
Retire or be retired!!!
Stardust Wrote:Retire or be retired!!!

Are you suggesting that a sitting Supreme Court Justice be "muscled" into retirement?
Alright, folks, will Rudy Guliani be Attorney General? And, what are your ideas on other key cabinet positions?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Alright, folks, will Rudy Guliani be Attorney General? And, what are your ideas on other key cabinet positions?
Or could it be Chris Christy? Perhaps Trey Gowdy?
I really like Trey Gowdy and Ben Carson.

Right now, I am just thankful for Pence. I think he has a steady and calm influence.
Will Ben Carson be Surgeon General? Newt Gingrich Secretary of State?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A flashy, flamboyant Billionaire businessman with no prior political office experience has just been elected by the American citizens as the 45th President of the United States of America.

Mr. Trump's political party has control of the House & Senate.... and looking at the election returns, Trump dominated some counties that voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012.

Mr. Trump has one vacant Supreme Court Justice seat to fill. And let's face it, our Supreme Court is OLD. With a 4-4 split, Trump, the House and Senate can finally get a 6-3 majority. This to me, is the biggest storyline of the election. Our nation is not gone yet.

D - Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is 83.
R - Justice Anthony Kennedy is 81.
D - Justice Stephen Breyer is 78.
R - Justice Clarence Thomas is 68.
R - Justice Samuel Alto is 66.
D - Justice Sonia Sotomayor is 62.
R - Chief Justice John Roberts is 61.
D - Justice Elena Kagan is 56.

If Mr. Trump is able to "Make America Great Again", the Republican Party can grow their majority in the House & Senate.

This is by far the most important aspect of this election. Not Trump, not Clinton. It is a broad statement, but I think anyone can be President if they surround themselves with the right smart people. The Supreme Court is the most critical component of this election. A Clinton victory would have the Constitution in shambles for 50 years.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:This is by far the most important aspect of this election. Not Trump, not Clinton. It is a broad statement, but I think anyone can be President if they surround themselves with the right smart people. The Supreme Court is the most critical component of this election. A Clinton victory would have the Constitution in shambles for 50 years.

A Clinton victory would have meant, not "shambles," but that the Court would have leaned in a direction you personally oppose. And, that's ok, and perfectly understandable you are very happy that President-elect Trump will pick Scalia's replacement. However, it does not mean the Court would have been in "shambles."
Hurricane Storm Wrote:This is by far the most important aspect of this election. Not Trump, not Clinton. It is a broad statement, but I think anyone can be President if they surround themselves with the right smart people. The Supreme Court is the most critical component of this election. A Clinton victory would have the Constitution in shambles for 50 years.

I've been saying this for months now.... Trump WILL HAVE TO surround himself with an All-Star Cabinet and Joint-Chiefs.

Trump has the majority in the House and Senate... he can get some stuff done before the mid-term elections in 2018.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A Clinton victory would have meant, not "shambles," but that the Court would have leaned in a direction you personally oppose. And, that's ok, and perfectly understandable you are very happy that President-elect Trump will pick Scalia's replacement. However, it does not mean the Court would have been in "shambles."

I agree with you Hurricane Storm. SCOTUS would've been in shambles.
That's MY opinion and apparently that of Hurricane Storm. You don't need to explain to us that our opinions are incorrect, or why YOU disagree. That's YOUR opinion.

Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've been saying this for months now.... Trump WILL HAVE TO surround himself with an All-Star Cabinet and Joint-Chiefs.

Trump has the majority in the House and Senate... he can get some stuff done before the mid-term elections in 2018.

Well, Mike Pence was an excellent start, IMO.
I'm anxious to see if Trump will act quickly on some of his promises.
I don't particularly like Chris Christie; I never have. I believe Ben Carson would be an excellent choice for SG, but I'm not on the committee to choose. Smile
⬆️⬆️

"This is my opinion. That is your opinion. Yeah."

Not debate, o Matron of the Mountains, o Harlan's own. When the stove gets turned on, they's heat in the kitchen, darlin', and if it's too hot, move along.

Of course, I'm kidding around.
A 5-4 left-leaning majority does not mean the SCOTUS is in "shambles" any more than a 5-4 right-leaning one. Reasonable people disagree. You folks sure burn the wick of hyperbole's candle.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A 5-4 left-leaning majority does not mean the SCOTUS is in "shambles" any more than a 5-4 right-leaning one. Reasonable people disagree. You folks sure burn the wick of hyperbole's candle.

You are correct in saying that reasonable people disagree. Reasonable folks don't normally nic pic and correct people who don't share their same opinion. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just give mine.

Now, burn THIS wick......in MY opinion a right-leaning SCOTUS is one in "shambles".

You are an arrogant jerk. Another opinion of mine.
Granny Bear Wrote:You are correct in saying that reasonable people disagree. Reasonable folks don't normally nic pic and correct people who don't share their same opinion. I'm not trying to change your opinion, just give mine.

Now, burn THIS wick......in MY opinion a right-leaning SCOTUS is one in "shambles".

You are an arrogant jerk. Another opinion of mine.

Ah, there she is, passive aggressive Appalachian Granny.

And, the whole point of debate is not to suggest that you can't have an opinion, Granny. But to suggest it is hyperbolic rubbish.
Looks more aggressive than passive, but that's just my opinion!
Granny Bear Wrote:Looks more aggressive than passive, but that's just my opinion!

Alright, Granny. You know you got a friend in the Urban Sombrero. Where's an emoji of an ugly Mexican hat when you need one?

Point taken. I have noticed that some of the greatest head coaches, (any sport) are men that did not excel at the personal level all that much when they played. The secret to being a head coach revolves around three things. First is understanding the game and the requisite mentality for victory. Second is knowing to whom and how to delegate the responsibility of position coaches. Third and critically important is recognition of player talent.

I've seen fabulous practice players who wilt in a game situation, and I've seen players that thrive under the pressure and in the limelight of the game. In basketball for example, there are always one or two guys the coach knows will step up to the foul line with a second left in regulation and the score tied, to hit the front end of a one and bonus. And I've seen players who had an absolutely wicked curve ball until they took the mound. At that point one would be lucky if that sucker did not wind up 4 feet up the third base line.

Trump knows how to delegate. The danger as Newt Gingrich stated this evening, is in his being overly gracious to Dems relating to the policy and practice they represent because let's face it, the voter has rejected all of that. But there is reason for optimism as we saw his great strength of character in the way he conducted himself under withering fire. The Dems and the Republicans, the media en masse, academia, foreign leaders to include our president, oops did I say that? And just about anybody else one could name laughed Trump to scorn. On day one he announced his intention to build the wall. 509 days later he reiterated that intention as President Elect Donald J Trump. He's got the chin, but he knows as I believe Reagan did how to recognize talent and who to depend on to get the job done. And just as importantly, he knows to step back and actually allow them to do their jobs. No micro managing ala the current administration.

I believe you are exactly right, a monkey puke gargling Supreme Court would have been one in shambles.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Point taken. I have noticed that some of the greatest head coaches, (any sport) are men that did not excel at the personal level all that much when they played. The secret to being a head coach revolves around three things. First is understanding the game and the requisite mentality for victory. Second is knowing to whom and how to delegate the responsibility of position coaches. Third and critically important is recognition of player talent.

I've seen fabulous practice players who wilt in a game situation, and I've seen players that thrive under the pressure and in the limelight of the game. In basketball for example, there are always one or two guys the coach knows will step up to the foul line with a second left in regulation and the score tied, to hit the front end of a one and bonus. And I've seen players who had an absolutely wicked curve ball until they took the mound. At that point one would be lucky if that sucker did not wind up 4 feet up the third base line.

Trump knows how to delegate. The danger as Newt Gingrich stated this evening, is in his being overly gracious to Dems relating to the policy and practice they represent because let's face it, the voter has rejected all of that. But there is reason for optimism as we saw his great strength of character in the way he conducted himself under withering fire. The Dems and the Republicans, the media en masse, academia, foreign leaders to include our president, oops did I say that? And just about anybody else one could name laughed Trump to scorn. On day one he announced his intention to build the wall. 509 days later he reiterated that intention as President Elect Donald J Trump. He's got the chin, but he knows as I believe Reagan did how to recognize talent and who to depend on to get the job done. And just as importantly, he knows to step back and actually allow them to do their jobs. No micro managing ala the current administration.

I believe you are exactly right, a monkey puke gargling Supreme Court would have been one in shambles.

A "monkey puke gargling Supreme Court." Interesting. You certainly, along with straw, keep a goodly amount of hyperbolic candles in your debate toolbox. We've been down the SCOTUS road several times.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I've been saying this for months now.... Trump WILL HAVE TO surround himself with an All-Star Cabinet and Joint-Chiefs.

If Trump keeps his promises on manufacturing and infrastructure in rust belt states, Republicans will have a chance to get a filibuster majority in the senate. This time around it is the Democrats who have a bunch of seats up for grabs.

As for SCOTUS, no way Ginsburg steps down voluntarily. All of them will die before being replaced. Not to sound cold but best case scenario for GOP is for ginsburg and Breyer to pass on within the next 4 years.
Senate must nominate younger right wing ideological judges who will lock down SCOTUS for years to come.

In 2018 if the GOP gets their filibuster proof majority along with SCOTUS, and still do not accomplish anything, you're likely to see the complete destruction of the GOP starting in 2020 and that includes Trump.

They have an opportunity they haven't had in generations. Better not waste it.
I think the whole Supreme Court in shambles ideal is not a 5-4 liberal-leaning court. A supreme court in shambles would have been 3 Supreme Court Justices retiring in the next 2 or 3 years for Hillary to replace upon her election. That would have been a nightmare for the Constitutional process.
LWC Wrote:I think the whole Supreme Court in shambles ideal is not a 5-4 liberal-leaning court. A supreme court in shambles would have been 3 Supreme Court Justices retiring in the next 2 or 3 years for Hillary to replace upon her election. That would have been a nightmare for the Constitutional process.

Absolutely correct in that the nightmare would have been a long term unending saga. However, The same could be said short term even if she'd only been in office four years and appointed only one Justice.

The damage done short term would have not been restricted to Hillary's four years in the Oval Office, it would have been for the lifetime of that particular version of the court. But even if said version was relatively short lived, they could have really upset the applecart. It will not be easy to overturn Roe v Wade or the damage done by the repeal of DADT as things stand. Much less whatever mischief the libs would have rammed through during another 4 year stint with a Dem in the White House and the legion of existing liberal judges continuing to wreak havoc.

Conservative Americans just dodged a howitzer shell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]