Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel 2020 guard Ally Collett receives offer from Northern Ky
congrats.
Ally Collett before the up coming season is over will be the number 2 player in the region. This kid is going to be very special!
Great job Ally!
Congrats Ally! First of many offers to come.
Ally can ball! Keep up the hard work. Many more offers in this girls future.
Keep up the good work Ally :Cheerlead 64SUR is in you're corner
Congrats. Good Luck.
Congrats!! Very well deserved for a talented and hard working young lady!!!
I think Kaylea Gross has the #2 spot locked up, some say #1, she has D1 interest as far out as Arkansas State but certainly a great honor for Ally
I'm just curious how she can get an offer when colleges aren't allowed to talk to them
I don’t know how she got hers but most happen at a schools elite camp or through the coach. Elite camps are a disguise for a personal recruiting opportunity. I’m old and out of the loop though so some rules might even have changed.
Western Ky, morehead and Murray have also offered. Ally has also took an unofficial visit to Kentucky.
From what I'm reading the only way a school can communicate with her is if one of her parents contacts the school in question first.
The school cannot call or txt her but they can mail info. The athlete can call the coach anytime which is usually stated in the letter sent by the recruiting school..I'm sure she got her looks from AAU this summer..
The college coach can speak with the high school coach and the aau coach..
She got offered at an elite camp from what I have heard. College can contact the parent as much as they want but not the player (Which I don't think it right). I mean saying colleges can't offer her right now is crazy... When on the boys side Duke and Kentucky are offering freshmen in high school?
Coach03 Wrote:She got offered at an elite camp from what I have heard. College can contact the parent as much as they want but not the player (Which I don't think it right). I mean saying colleges can't offer her right now is crazy... When on the boys side Duke and Kentucky are offering freshmen in high school?

Not sure you have that right. Think its reversed. Collett got her offers off AAU, she played on the same team as Hall from Perry Central with girls from all over the state.
Great player very fast and gets to the paint with ease.
KingCommodore Wrote:Not sure you have that right. Think its reversed. Collett got her offers off AAU, she played on the same team as Hall from Perry Central with girls from all over the state.

Don't get me wrong AAU got her that offer sorry for the confusion on that part. I am saying she did not get offered until she went to their elite camp and then they offered her on the spot. That isn't made up or off the top of my head, that is fact!
Coach03 Wrote:Don't get me wrong AAU got her that offer sorry for the confusion on that part. I am saying she did not get offered until she went to their elite camp and then they offered her on the spot. That isn't made up or off the top of my head, that is fact!

I was talking about how the coaches and players talk or communicate.
from what ive been told by a couple of coaches as long as the parents contact the college coach then they can communicate but not directly to the player. when I was in high school I didn't get letters until my junior year but those rules might have changed some too. thanks for the info guys
KingCommodore Wrote:I was talking about how the coaches and players talk or communicate.

What if the parent is a high school coach?
Coach03 Wrote:What if the parent is a high school coach?

Thats a gray area I would think. Unless he/she was a head coach I would not want to try the rules people on that or so I have been told.

Parents or the child can call the college coaches but college coaches cannot contact the kid till junior year. College coaches can talk to the child. You all should really talk to some people who know the rules, cause its pretty plain you dont if I am having to explain them. :lmao:
Womens NCAA D-1 colleges can contact girls September 1 of the student-athlete’s junior year: Coaches can make phone calls and send emails, fax, text messages, instant messages, chats, and direct messages on Facebook and Twitter. I think mens is maybe June 15th. The college can offer at anytime, kids in the 8th grade get offers all the time now. I'm not sure most of them are truly legit but more of lets jump on them early and see how they develop. If they turn out to be really good then they can say we were the first to offer etc..etc..etc..