Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 53 Belfry 41
I didn't see a thread on this so if there is already one I'll close this or merge it or somebody else can.

But Shelby Valley advances to the finals for the 5th time in the last 6 years over a good Belfry team.

Belfry only scored 14 points in the 2nd half.

I'll never understand why so many people thought that Shelby Valley who was undefeated in the region was so likely to lose this game as seen in the poll taken in which they were big underdogs.

Looking forward to the game tomrorow.

Good season Belfry. Nothing to hang your heads about. You had a better year than I expected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to you Valley
Congrats Valley
Congrats Valley, I Knew you guys could do it!...I picked them to win by 10
Congrats Valley, I see you taking it to state come soon!
Shelby Valley took it to Belfry from the start. They dictated the pace of the entire game, and just had the better team and gameplan tonight.

Hats off to them. Nice win!
Congratulations Shelby Valley.You guys played a good game.Good luck against Pikeville.To the Belfry boys be proud and hold your heads up.Nothing to be ashamed of.You guys had a great tournament and a great season.We'll get'em next year and on the gridiron.TongueirateSho
Congrats to Valley,now beat Pikeville
Good Job CATS!

One game away from RUPP!

Hang TUFF!!!
Congrats VALLEY!
good win tonight.
everyone played awesome!
you kept your head in the game, like u should.
lets show those panthers what we are made of tomorrow.

LETS GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats SV.
Though I was for Belfry tonight, congatulations to Valley and great season to the Pirates
Congrats SV.. were was Case at tonight look like the little freshman put it all on him..
How can you be so sure that Belfry is second best? Pikeville beat them early in the season and I think they could do it again.
Showtime_05 Wrote:dude its just a game, calm down..were all jealous of Case is #1 player in the nation..thats y thefreshman put it all over him..have a nice daySmile

Case was the game high scorer and was definitely the best player on the floor.

Unfortunately, he was the only Pirate who came to play.
Heart said Valley............Head said Valley..........Score board said Valley. This has to be the bigget upset in the world according to the other thread. Wheres all the haters now??? Show some props to your Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hopefully Shelby Valley will win this region and give us SOME SORT of respective game in the state tournament. If Pikeville wins, then the 15th is in MAJOR trouble at state.
corndog23 Wrote:Hopefully Shelby Valley will win this region and give us SOME SORT of respective game in the state tournament. If Pikeville wins, then the 15th is in MAJOR trouble at state.

I am not posting this as a prediction or anything, because I dont know how to predict this game. But IF, and I am saying, IF Pikeville pulls off the upset and the 15th would be in MAJOR trouble in the state. And IF, again I am saying IF they are good enough to beat Shelby Valley, then how could Shelby Valley fair any better?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Nice game plan by Valley and you executed it well enough to put away a good Belfry squad.

Belfry's Case is one great player, but it takes a team effort to win at this level. Not taking anything away from my Pirates, but the Wildcats team just proved too much of a hurdle.

Good luck to Valley against Pikeville and whoever wins that one, good luck at State.
Congrats Valley. And congrats to Belfry on a great season.
corndog23 Wrote:Hopefully Shelby Valley will win this region and give us SOME SORT of respective game in the state tournament. If Pikeville wins, then the 15th is in MAJOR trouble at state.
I honestly don't think either team would fair well at state.
SV has proved that they can compete with some teams in the state. They played Warren Central within 3, played within 10 of Paul Dunbar, and played other good teams well. They should be able to get a win the first round IMO.
Our region drew the 16th region in the first round, so a win is possible and maybe even likely.
BoondockSaint Wrote:Our region drew the 16th region in the first round, so a win is possible and maybe even likely.

Not Pikeville