Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Did The Montgomery Gentry Concert Go?
I talked with someone last night who was saying that the venue overall wasn't very good. They said the sound was terrible and you couldn't really hear the words or anything.

Made it sound like the expo center needed a new sound guy.

Was this anyone elses opinion? Was it a good concert or not? If you went, what did you think of the concert?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
the words were hard to understand but i knew most of Trent Tomlinson and Montgomery Gentrys songs they were awsome.
I was in the 2nd row so sound for me was very clear. Trent Tomlinson was very energetic. If he were in a concert by himself, I would pay to see him. He was a very good performer. As a matter of fact, he will be in Louisa for Septemberfest. Can't wait for that. Montgomery Gentry was energetic as well. They sound just like their CD. You don't find many artists that can sound as good as they did. My dad caught a hat that was thrown out by Troy Gentry. Pretty cool I thought.
Marshall Tucker Band sucked. I wouldn't advise anyone to see them. Sound for them was terrible, but even with better sound they still would have sounded terrible. They definitely just need to retire. Other than that, it was probably the best concert I have EVER been to. MG and TT put on a great show. I would advise anyone to go see them.
The sound guys at the EXPO center DO NOT run sound for the acts that perform there.
They use their own sound engineers and equipment.

I did not hear Montgomery Gentry but was at Trace Adkins/Craig Morgan and the sound was extremely good.
It had very good large venue sound.

Point is, don't blame the EXPO, blame the acts themselves and their sound people.
I was there and I thought the sound was good. Trent Tomlinson put on a really good show and so did MG. I thought it was cool when Trent ran all over the expo center, including the upper level. I seen MG in Lexington when they played their first show in Rupp about 3 years ago with Kenny Chesney and they were awesome then too. They just put everything in to their show. MG is definately one of my favorites. If you missed this one you really missed a good one, all but the Marshall Tucker Band. They were so boring. I believe it's time for them to hang it up.
I was shocked at hearing about the marshall Tucker Band as well. Heard they sounded awful. Seen MG 2 years ago and they rocked! Was in the 1st Row...Caught a pick..That's it, lol..
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I was shocked at hearing about the marshall Tucker Band as well. Heard they sounded awful. Seen MG 2 years ago and they rocked! Was in the 1st Row...Caught a pick..That's it, lol..

Since the bands were providing their own sound techs, then I would say they either had 2-3 different crews there.

I don't know if Trent Tomlinson is on tour with MG, but if he is, then he more than likely had the same sound crew as them.

It's probably likely that Marshal Tucker had a completely different sound guy/sound crew, who may not as be as up to par as the sound techs for MG and TT.

Since MG is backed by a major record label, their label is more than likely paying for a sound crew to be on tour with them, a good one at that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had friends setting all around the arena and they had high praise about the concert. Only thing they said was bad, Marshall Tucker band.