Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dale Jr. '08 Sponsorship
Budweiser will not be Dale Earnhardt Jr. sponser when he moves to Hendrick Motorsports.

Sponsers that are being mentioned are Mountain Dew and Monster energy drink.
I think Tampax would be a logical choice.
i wish Bud would have stayed.
Budweiser not being his sponser will probably cost him alot of bucks. Very funny Venom. Be interesting to see Mt. Dew as his sponser
Personally I would like to see him choose Monster Energy Drink. A black car with their logo on it would be similar to Dale Sr.'s old ride.
venom93 Wrote:I think Tampax would be a logical choice.
No that would be for either one of his teamates next year LOL!
UKGIRL20 Wrote:Budweiser not being his sponser will probably cost him alot of bucks. Very funny Venom. Be interesting to see Mt. Dew as his sponser
Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi. I guarantee they have more money to give than BUD does.
I agree...
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi. I guarantee they have more money to give than BUD does.
That might be the case but on average, what does a NASCAR fan do more than any other pro sports fan???? Answer: DRINK BEER. Budweiser is the best sponsor any driver can have.
Amun-Ra Wrote:That might be the case but on average, what does a NASCAR fan do more than any other pro sports fan???? Answer: DRINK BEER. Budweiser is the best sponsor any driver can have.
Sponsorship in this sport is about one thing: Money. Being that pepsi drinkers dont have to wait till theyre 21 to drink pepsi that automatically gives pepsi more money to give than BUD. JR could come out of this deal with more money and more popularity than he had before he went to HMS just because now he is more marketable to the under 21 crowd. Which is the demographic that NASCAR and all the sponsors covets the most. Also I believe that JR wants a more grown up image and he knows that shedding the "Hard core partier" image will help do that.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Sponsorship in this sport is about one thing: Money. Being that pepsi drinkers dont have to wait till theyre 21 to drink pepsi that automatically gives pepsi more money to give than BUD. JR could come out of this deal with more money and more popularity than he had before he went to HMS just because now he is more marketable to the under 21 crowd. Which is the demographic that NASCAR and all the sponsors covets the most. Also I believe that JR wants a more grown up image and he knows that shedding the "Hard core partier" image will help do that.

Exactly...And it's killing redneck/old school NASCAR fans who still believe Junior hates Gordon and Hendrick MS.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Exactly...And it's killing redneck/old school NASCAR fans who still believe Junior hates Gordon and Hendrick MS.
Well I consider myself a redneck/old school NASCAR fan. Im still not happy about JRs choice but at the same time I dont blame him one bit for doing it. Ill still root for him but Im not rooting for his teamates.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Well I consider myself a redneck/old school NASCAR fan. Im still not happy about JRs choice but at the same time I dont blame him one bit for doing it. Ill still root for him but Im not rooting for his teamates.

Like you said...In the end, once he starting winning races, Junior and his fan-base will be fine. :Thumbs:

What does it say about Junior if Kyle Busch drives for DEI next season and has a great year? There are many fans/media that believe Kyle Busch is a more talented driver than Junior and may excell at DEI if he so chooses to drive for them next season.
GRIZZ Wrote:Personally I would like to see him choose Monster Energy Drink. A black car with their logo on it would be similar to Dale Sr.'s old ride.
That will not happen because Anheiser Busch owns Monster drinks, but it would be cool.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Mountain Dew is owned by Pepsi. I guarantee they have more money to give than BUD does.

Not necessarily. PepsiCo just walked away from exclusive pouring rights at 10 of the 12 tracks owned by International Speedway Corporation, and my guess is that it happened so PepsiCo would have enough money to put Mountain Dew on the hood and sides of the 5 car. PepsiCo never even tried to negotiate with ISC; as a result, several ISC tracks (inlcuding Daytona and Richmond) will switch to Coke products in January, with most of the rest phasing in the changeover over the next 3 years as individual agreements with those tracks expire. The ISC-Gatorade deal has always been separate from the main Pepsi deal, so you won't suddenly see ISC tracks sprouting PowerAde Victory Lanes. Smile

They may have more money to give now, but they had to take it away from something else to get it.

And for the record, Monster Energy Drink is distributed by the Anheuser-Busch wholesaler network in the U.S. but it's actually owned by the Hansen Beverage Company of Corona, Calif. In Canada, PepsiCo distributes Monster ... and interestingly, the SoBe line of beverages that Pepsi already owns includes the SoBe No Fear and SoBe Adrenaline Rush energy drinks that compete with Monster.
Well Pepsi hopping on was almost a given considering the money they pump into HMS. Good move by Pepsi IMO many of the Hendrick fans will now be pumping money into to Pepsi and as we all know with the addition of JR they basically have a monopoly going on. Jr is set for life now he and Bud will have their best year for sales/revenue considering the switch from DEI-HMS and sponsorships.