Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs. Russell
Just wondering what everyone's thought's where on this game, i know that there is alwayse alot of talk but now that the two teams are finally facing off who will come out on top?
Russell. Hands down.
Should be Russell hands down, but that's what everyone thought about the Ashland vs Raceland game last season. You can also give Raceland one advantage, they play with a chip on their shoulder and they never seem to be intimidated coming into any ball game. Both schools were hit heavy by graduation losses if I remember correctly.
Welcome to BlueGrassRivals

If you ever have any questions, problems, or comments, contact me at [email=tomcat6868@gmail.com]tomcat6868@gmail.com[/email] or via PM by clicking here [Image: http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/finalnewbanner3.png]
Another factor is that this will be their last regular season game.
Well all i know is that it seems to be that Raceland talks a big game about how "Russell is to scared to play Raceland." and now that we are playing them, the talk has dissapeared and now its " o well we will give you this year" i just can't wait till then. RUSSELL HANDS DOWN. im going out on a limb and say, 56-14.
Russell wins by 3+ TD's.
Its a little early to start predicting the last game of the season.
FBALL Wrote:Its a little early to start predicting the last game of the season.

Mabye so but im that confident about this game.
RedDevil_TE Wrote:Mabye so but im that confident about this game.
I hope you are right. Just don't take it for granted. Raceland has wanted this game for a long time and they will not go down without a fight.
Russell will win this game easily. Raceland is too small of a school and lost Grizzell (sp?) who was a tremendous QB.
Raceland was a small school last year when they played and beat Ashland. Which is a larger school than Russell. So your statement is flawed.
Hows this for a STATEMENT --The winner will be the one who scores the most, now we just have to wait and see after the game.....Russell vs raceland will be a gathering hole for all the locals since we all know each other in someway or another, either went to school together and then moved to the other place or have grown up with each other in church or youth groups. Now what ever the turn out of the game we will still lovethe game and talk about what might have been.....but until then lets get ready for some football...
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
I agree with FBALL...It's way too early...Devils should be favored but as others have said, Raceland plays with a chip on their shoulders and all of us who have big brothers know how much we want to beat "Big Brother"...
I can't wait for this game.
I wonder how many times people from Raceland said that they could beat us?
I can't wait to prove to everyone that we are the best team in the area.
Well said!
Raceland has a nice program, but they arent in the same league as Russell..no knock on them, but whats true is true..Ill take Russell 48-14.
Nuffsaid23 Wrote:Russell will win this game easily. Raceland is too small of a school and lost Grizzell (sp?) who was a tremendous QB.
I saw Grizzle play in the NE KY All-Star game and I'll have to say, I wasn't impressed.
Of course when he was playing the likes of Bath Co, Nicholas Co and Fairview I'm sure he was impressive.
Russell should take this one but you never know if Raceland comes to play i believe they could hold their own
PoolePalace Wrote:Russell should take this one but you never know if Raceland comes to play i believe they could hold their own

i highly doubt that
we are just too fast and too strong
all hail the wing-T
russelldevils54 Wrote:i highly doubt that
we are just too fast and too strong
all hail the wing-T

Ashland went into that game with the same mentality and we all know the outcome. If Raceland is taken lightly by everyone then that could mean trouble for the Devils.
Midee1 Wrote:Ashland went into that game with the same mentality and we all know the outcome. If Raceland is taken lightly by everyone then that could mean trouble for the Devils.

So true...When you brag and say how great you are and that no one has a chance you are setting yourself up for failure...I'm sure the staff is not looking at that game as a cakewalk...Actually, I doubt it is even on their mind at this point as it should be with the players...
This is a very exciting game for both.I think Russell will go home with a win.What's really great is the money this game will bring in through out the future for both great schools.
I am going to try to go down Wednesday for a seat. If you htink I am joking then look for me as you drive by. If you dont get there youwill not have a seat.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DevilsWin Wrote:I saw Grizzle play in the NE KY All-Star game and I'll have to say, I wasn't impressed.
Of course when he was playing the likes of Bath Co, Nicholas Co and Fairview I'm sure he was impressive.

yeah i wasnt that impressed either...everyone always talked about how good he was..and yeah im sure russells 3rd team qb could do well against those teams also haha
last night it seemed like russell was a little slow....you had db's that couldnt catch a fullback and linebackers reading the completely wrong guys and going Lord knows where....i think that they need to work on the basics first before ya'll go around saying your the best....your not gonna intimidate anybody by saying that....go out and do what russell does.....dont talk....HIT!!!
Reddevil07 Wrote:.....dont talk....HIT!!!
AMEN

Some in this group seem to want to talk too much. I hope they can back it up.
Reddevil07 Wrote:last night it seemed like russell was a little slow....you had db's that couldnt catch a fullback and linebackers reading the completely wrong guys and going Lord knows where....i think that they need to work on the basics first before ya'll go around saying your the best....your not gonna intimidate anybody by saying that....go out and do what russell does.....dont talk....HIT!!!

ha to bad those werent our starting db's with the exception of one...and neither were the line backers...they were just getting some contact in...that had nothing to do with the way russell will play
oh and by the way...i went to meet the rams...and i really hope they were going halfspeed...i heard no pads or anything..it was like watching an 8th grade game...we left within 10 min into the game
yeah.. reddevilrb is right.. that wasnt our starting D.. pretty far from it actually.
Meet the Rams was bad i was with ReddevilRB a long with a few others... we all left.. nothing impressive..
but on another note.. this game shouldn't be taken lightly.. Ashland im sure was the same way and look what happened to them..
But without a doubt the red devils will prepare for this game just like any other game.. nothing will be taken lightly..
yeah we will be prepared for this