Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill County 56 Powell County 53
Final from Powell County.

Estill controlled the game. Powell hit 2 3's all night and they came late in the 4th.

Estill was up 14 late before Powell went on a quick 8-0 run but it wasn't enough.
Will this put Ken Jones into retirement? Losing in the 1st round of the district at home is a major step backward for the pirates. Powell never seemed to come together this season.
Ken Jones had a mediocre season with a mediocre team. Can’t win the Daytona 500 in a chevette folks
Ken Jones in my opinion has never been “lengendary”. is he is, where’s those region titles? not even 1? really? and losing first round of district to a very underwhelming estill team. just never wrapped my mind around it
pocoboy18 Wrote:Ken Jones in my opinion has never been “lengendary”. is he is, where’s those region titles? not even 1? really? and losing first round of district to a very underwhelming estill team. just never wrapped my mind around it

The man has coached for 60+ years, that’s legendary in itself
pocoboy18 Wrote:Ken Jones in my opinion has never been “lengendary”. is he is, where’s those region titles? not even 1? really? and losing first round of district to a very underwhelming estill team. just never wrapped my mind around it

If this Estill team is underwhelming, what does that make Powell? Estill beat them two out of three times. If Powell can’t win a first round district game on their home floor it’s pretty clear to me what team is underwhelming.
If Coach Jones coached anywhere else he would have been fired long ago. Powell has refused to move their program forward the last 20 years.
i agree this powell team was very bad. i just thought estill was equally as bad and still looked like the much better team much of the game. nothing Powell did this season was impressive by any means