Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ North Laurel 1/4/21 Predictions
Tough matchup for the Panthers to open the season.  Will be a good test early on to get ready for the All A the following week.  R. Sheppard is one of the top talents in the state.  Interesting to see Pikeville with a healthy backcourt and another year with Rylee Samons.  What is everyone's thoughts on this one?
I think pikeville is the deeper team and should win the game, but Sheppard and Davidson are both really good and play well together. I’ll be curious to see if pikeville’s group of talented kids will be willing to share the spotlight with Sammons or if the addition on another Floyd county kid negatively effects the team dynamic.
Any livestream of this game
(01-04-2021, 01:38 PM)rebel204 Wrote: Any livestream of this game

NFHS Network has it.
(01-03-2021, 07:24 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: I think pikeville is the deeper team and should win the game, but Sheppard and Davidson are both really good and play well together. I’ll be curious to see if pikeville’s group of talented kids will be willing to share the spotlight with Sammons or if the addition on another Floyd county kid negatively effects the team dynamic.

Not sure what you mean by asking if pijeville kids are willing to share the spotlight.  Sammons is a Jr and been there his entire hs career and started and it looks like the past 2 yrs that group is more worried about winning than spotlight. And as far as the Manns kid from what I heard he's fit in nicely.  That's the thing about pikeville that separates them especially. From floyd county schools. There's no jealousy with kids and especially parents they only care about WINNING
(01-04-2021, 08:52 PM)Nolietotell Wrote:
(01-03-2021, 07:24 PM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: I think pikeville is the deeper team and should win the game, but Sheppard and Davidson are both really good and play well together. I’ll be curious to see if pikeville’s group of talented kids will be willing to share the spotlight with Sammons or if the addition on another Floyd county kid negatively effects the team dynamic.

Not sure what you mean by asking if pijeville kids are willing to share the spotlight.  Sammons is a Jr and been there his entire hs career and started and it looks like the past 2 yrs that group is more worried about winning than spotlight. And as far as the Manns kid from what I heard he's fit in nicely.  That's the thing about pikeville that separates them especially. From floyd county schools. There's no jealousy with kids and especially parents they only care about WINNING

Nolietotell, that’s the way it should be and hopefully that’s the case at Pikeville, but from my experience with city/independent schools jealously usually rears its ugly head when talent from outside begins to out shine little Johnnie.  It’s usually parents and rumblings from this past summer seem to suggest some pikeville homer parents were not real happy with the addition of another kid from Floyd county.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Booger Branch Bandit's post:
  • Blue_Bird96