Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region repping the top 25
Does anyone remember the last time a 14th region team was in the top 25 during regular season?  Estill finished like top 4 one year at the state tourney, but not sure about how the season started out. 
Anyone?
Estill really isnt in the 14th Region. They are 12th Region. Perry Central is the Best team in the 14th. Estill shouldn't be in the region. Totally stupid. The Communist KHSAA should look at this and have them put where they belong.
Sounds like someone is scared...
Dukeboy

The closest 12th Region school to Estill County is 1 hour drive by car, not bus.

Estill can be at 10 of the 15 school in least than a hour and a half, by car. Yes they are on the ring of the regional circle, but Letcher is also. Remember it all about the money, gas and time. I see the logic in it, hope you can too! Have a nice day

Further more the 56th District is comprised of: Powell Co. (20 min. drive), Lee Co. (20 min drive) and Owsley Co. (30 min drive)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smokescreen's post:
  • Region14fan
Nobody is scared...... could care less dont have a dog in the fight. I had my regions mixed up. Estill and Powell both should be in another region. 10th or whatever it is. 14th region Geography is absolutely terrible. Places that are close are a long ways away. No good roads in Eastern KY.
Closest 10th Region team to Estill is 45 min drive to Clark Co. and the next closest is Montgomery Co., which is 1 hr drive. Quit thinking of yourself and look at the facts and logistics.

Mt. Parkway is a very good road, definitely connects “most” schools in the region well.

Should be thankful that the school systems allow money for sports.

Those schools in the middle of the ring have it made! Those on the edge, is the ones I feel for!
Don’t blame you at all. I’d feel that way also if a team smoked me 11-1 at home field?
[-] The following 1 user Likes EROCK's post:
  • Region14fan
Dukeboy,
you are the very reason my name is smokescreen. I have seen so much of the blowing smoke thru the years on this forum and ignoring the facts, that I created “smokescreen” to call it out. The fact is there is 15 teams in the 14th Region and Estill County is one of them and has been for years. Nothing new here, no “conspiracy theory” of the so-called “communist KHSAA”.

Lowdown,
Hopefully, one of Estill’s historians can answer you, I’m interested to see what is said! It looks like they got their train a rollin’

By the end of the season, in my opinion,
Region 15- Johnson Central and
Region 14- Estill Co. will be Top 15.
Both have great pitchers, solid defense and explosive offense. Can I get any likes on that?
[-] The following 2 users Like Smokescreen's post:
  • Region14fan, Strikeout King
(04-14-2021, 10:07 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Estill really isnt in the 14th Region.  They are 12th Region.  Perry Central is the Best team in the 14th.  Estill shouldn't be in the region.  Totally stupid.  The Communist KHSAA should look at this and have them put where they belong.
??
All regions have teams that must travel great distances to schools within their regional boundaries, with the exception of the Jefferson Co area schools, the 6th and 7th regions. 
The 12th has Wayne Co on the Tennessee border and the Jessamine Co schools, which are about 15 miles from Lexington. I assure you it is a LONG haul between Monticello and Nicholasville. The 10th region has Clark Co (which borders Powell Co) and Simon Kenton in northern Ky near the Ohio River. There are more examples.
By your way of thinking one could also propose that Knott and Letcher schools should be in the 15th region because they are too far away for Lee and Owsley Counties to drive to. That would solve a lot of the travel and time problems. It’s just a hop and a jump from Hindman and Whitesburg to Prestonsburg and Pikeville thanks to highways 80 and 23. 
Maybe the 14th should move Letcher and Knott to the 15th and move Jackson Co and Oneida Baptist into the 14th. 
The bottom line is Estill Co sits at the confluence of the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th and 14th regions, or as an above poster called it, they are the ring on the big circle of all those regions but it’s like you draw 5 ring circles representing all the regions and place the ring where they all connect.  Regardless where they are placed they are going to be the farthest north, south, east or west in all of them. Estill Co has to be in one of the 16 regions. The 14th seems as good a place as any for the Engineers.
[-] The following 3 users Like LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • justthefacts, Region14fan, Smokescreen
Well said! Thanks for breaking down all the info. IMO, every team is where they need to be. All regions have weak teams, and all regions have dominators. Every sport would have a gripe if the KHSAA were to allow people the power to change their regions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Lowdown's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER, Smokescreen