Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 5 NFL QB's
Well after watching Tony Romo scorch the Bears D, I was wondering what you all thought about who were the top 5 NFL QB's as of now. Mine are:

1-Peyton Manning-no need in explaining this one

2-Tom Brady-has a great group of WR's, good running backs, the Pats have a tough D, and Randy Moss is back

3-Tony Romo-Cowboys out of the gate at 3-0, Romo is very smart with his throws

4-Brett Favre-old man has still got it. The Packers are 3-0 and he just tied Dan Marino's all time TD record with 3 scoring strikes today. Also he is the winningest QB in league history

5-Carson Palmer-The Bengals are on hard times, he would be ranked higher if their D could stop someone to allow them to get more wins. Reminds me a lot of Manning.
Looks pretty good... I would have Roethisberger instead of Palmer though.
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You could make a case for Big Ben because the Steelers have a better record. Palmer has more passing yards and overall better stats. If the Bengals could stop someone on D then his stats would probably be even better because of more possessions, and they would be 3-0. I also like Steve McNair maybe at the #5 spot.
So you guys drop Palmer because of his Defense? Whats that got to do with what kind of QB he is? So if the Colts D turns South.....you will drop Manning right?
Romo wont keep this up all year either. He got off to a very quick start last year and faded, and will do the same this year. He has had a good start, but he wont be a top 5 quarterback at the end of the year.
Bengal Cat Wrote:So you guys drop Palmer because of his Defense? Whats that got to do with what kind of QB he is? So if the Colts D turns South.....you will drop Manning right?

No, I said he reminds me of Manning with his skill. But you can be the best QB in the world and play for a team that has a sorry defense like Palmer and not make the playoffs. Last year all they had to do was win one game and they were a lock but lost the final 3. He is a great QB no doubt about it, I had him a #5 didn't I and the question was best QB as of right now. So I really don't see what the problem is. If you have a different opinion feel free to post your Top 5, that's what this thread is all about.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Romo wont keep this up all year either. He got off to a very quick start last year and faded, and will do the same this year. He has had a good start, but he wont be a top 5 quarterback at the end of the year.

Very good possibility but the Dallas offense is ranked in the Top 3 in just about every category.
lol yeah...they are very good offensively...I guess that post is more wishful thinking than anything else, lol...
GRIZZ Wrote:Very good possibility but the Dallas offense is ranked in the Top 3 in just about every category.
1)Peyton Manning
2)Carson Palmer
3)Tom Brady
4)Tony Romo
5)Brett Farve
GRIZZ Wrote:No, I said he reminds me of Manning with his skill. But you can be the best QB in the world and play for a team that has a sorry defense like Palmer and not make the playoffs. Last year all they had to do was win one game and they were a lock but lost the final 3. He is a great QB no doubt about it, I had him a #5 didn't I and the question was best QB as of right now. So I really don't see what the problem is. If you have a different opinion feel free to post your Top 5, that's what this thread is all about.

So as of right now you would consider putting Steve McNair maybe in the 5 spot (Im assuming ahead of Palmer)? Yesterday McNair was 20-27 for 198 yrds 1TD and zero picks. He didn't even play the week before (vs the Jets) and the week before that he looked horrible against the same sorry defense thats dragging Palmer down. As for your original Top 5.....looks pretty solid to me. But you have to admit, McNair at this point is far from being mentioned among that group.
GRIZZ Wrote:Well after watching Tony Romo scorch the Bears D, I was wondering what you all thought about who were the top 5 NFL QB's as of now. Mine are:

1-Peyton Manning-no need in explaining this one

2-Tom Brady-has a great group of WR's, good running backs, the Pats have a tough D, and Randy Moss is back

3-Tony Romo-Cowboys out of the gate at 3-0, Romo is very smart with his throws

4-Brett Favre-old man has still got it. The Packers are 3-0 and he just tied Dan Marino's all time TD record with 3 scoring strikes today. Also he is the winningest QB in league history

5-Carson Palmer-The Bengals are on hard times, he would be ranked higher if their D could stop someone to allow them to get more wins. Reminds me a lot of Manning.

I definitely agree with the top 2..But your putting Favre and Romo ahead of McNabb and Brees? Eh..No Thanks.

1.Peyton Manning
2.Tom Brady
3.Drew Brees
4.Carson Palmer
5.McNabb or Roethlisberger

Say what you want about there performances this season..but the truth will be revealed later in the season.
1. Peyton Manning- By far the best QB in the league, has all the weapons and consistently wins, now he has a Super Bowl so he gets the monkey off his back. He will get plenty more to.

2. Tom Brady- Although this whole spygate scandal has changed a lot of peoples outlook on them, Tom Brady is now on pace to break Peyton Manning's record for most touchdowns in a single season who was set by... Peyton Manning just a few years back, also has 3 Super Bowls which makes him an all time great.

3. Tony Romo- Only 3 games into the season, but Romo has solidified himself as one of the elites of the game. He had a great season last season minus the dropped ball in the playoffs. He has had an outstanding 3 games and I don't see him letting up, plus he has Terrell Owens as a target.

4. Brett Favre- The man can still do it, even in his forties. Tied Dan Marino for the all time Touchdown passes with 420. Hes one of the most prolific passers in NFL history and he loves to play the game. We have all said it before, but I have a feeling this will be his final season.

5. Carson Palmer- I would have him higher, but I couldn't resist with Favre. When you have targets like Chad Johnson and Housh, you will be a very good QB and Palmer is. He is also one of the elite QB's as well, and I am not going to be like everyone and say he would be better because of the defense, last time I checked he doesn't play on the defensive side, this guy is for real and he will put up some big numbers once again this season.
Bengal Cat Wrote:So as of right now you would consider putting Steve McNair maybe in the 5 spot (Im assuming ahead of Palmer)? Yesterday McNair was 20-27 for 198 yrds 1TD and zero picks. He didn't even play the week before (vs the Jets) and the week before that he looked horrible against the same sorry defense thats dragging Palmer down. As for your original Top 5.....looks pretty solid to me. But you have to admit, McNair at this point is far from being mentioned among that group.

Man, my first top 5 was the top 5 the way I have it, I'm not Mel Kiper nor do I get paid for this so chill. The reason I put McNair up as a possibility at the #5 spot was because he led his team to the Divisin title last year, and is just 2-3 years removed from being the league MVP. He will also probably lead his team again to the Division title this season. He missed last week due to a hurt groin, also he suffered that injury in the first half against the Bengals. I'm not a Ravens fan or a Bengals fan, heck my team just won their first game in 11 tries yesterday. I'm just saying McNair is a dang good QB, he does more with less than anyone on the list that I came up with.
BCFan Wrote:I definitely agree with the top 2..But your putting Favre and Romo ahead of McNabb and Brees? Eh..No Thanks.

Brees has stunk up the field this season his team is just averaging 12 points a game, going into it yeah I had him at #3 with Palmer at #2. As for McNabb I just don't like the guy. After his racial comments last week its hard to support a guy that thinks all blacks, especially QB's, are looked down upon by fans when they make up 80% of the league population. No one is hating on the black QB and that is what I just don't understand. The guy can't take constructive criticism, the last person that said something about his style of play was fired because it made him feel bad. He had a break out game yesterday against Detroit, maybe thats what he needed, but he really hasn't done anything up to that point. I'm not sure of the Redskins QB but I think he will be a fine player when he gets a little more experience. Also my post was concerning "at this point in the season", not down the road. I'm sure things will change, but as of right now thats just the way I see it.
1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Palmer
4.Favre
5.Roethlisberger

*Romo has had an excellent season so far but I dont know how long it will last so I'd but him at my 6th spot as for now*
GRIZZ Wrote:Man, my first top 5 was the top 5 the way I have it, I'm not Mel Kiper nor do I get paid for this so chill. The reason I put McNair up as a possibility at the #5 spot was because he led his team to the Divisin title last year, and is just 2-3 years removed from being the league MVP..

Oh.....I thought we were talking about the best as of now.........my bad.
I get so sick and tired of people saying a quarterback is great because his team is winning, or putting a QB down because his team is down. Folks, the QB is just one of 11 guys on offense, albeit the most important one, and that doesn't even take into account the defense or special teams.

Is Trent Dilfer a great QB because he won a Super Bowl a few years back on the coattails of maybe the greatest defense in history? Heck no. Did Peyton Manning only become the best after the Colts won the Super Bowl last year? No. Peyton has been the best QB in the league for a few years now, and it wouldn't have mattered if he never won a title, because it takes the whole team to do that.

Don't put Carson down because the team is only 1-2. He can't go out there and tackle the opposing receivers, get the defense into the correct positions, or cover kickoffs. All he can do is throw the ball and run the offense, and he does that better than most.

I would put Palmer at #3, behind Manning and Brady. Round out the top 5 with Brees then either McNabb or Romo.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
GRIZZ Wrote:Brees has stunk up the field this season his team is just averaging 12 points a game, going into it yeah I had him at #3 with Palmer at #2. As for McNabb I just don't like the guy. After his racial comments last week its hard to support a guy that thinks all blacks, especially QB's, are looked down upon by fans when they make up 80% of the league population. No one is hating on the black QB and that is what I just don't understand. The guy can't take constructive criticism, the last person that said something about his style of play was fired because it made him feel bad. He had a break out game yesterday against Detroit, maybe thats what he needed, but he really hasn't done anything up to that point. I'm not sure of the Redskins QB but I think he will be a fine player when he gets a little more experience. Also my post was concerning "at this point in the season", not down the road. I'm sure things will change, but as of right now thats just the way I see it.

So because you "just don't like the guy" he is not a top 5 QB in the league? Ehh..Okay. I'm not talking about his personality..im talking about his playing ability.

And yes, Brees is off to a bad season..But I think If I was a Franchise team and I was picking a QB..I would take McNabb, Roethlisberger, or Brees over Favre or Romo.
More Cowbell Wrote:I get so sick and tired of people saying a quarterback is great because his team is winning, or putting a QB down because his team is down. Folks, the QB is just one of 11 guys on offense, albeit the most important one, and that doesn't even take into account the defense or special teams.

Is Trent Dilfer a great QB because he won a Super Bowl a few years back on the coattails of maybe the greatest defense in history? Heck no. Did Peyton Manning only become the best after the Colts won the Super Bowl last year? No. Peyton has been the best QB in the league for a few years now, and it wouldn't have mattered if he never won a title, because it takes the whole team to do that.

Don't put Carson down because the team is only 1-2. He can't go out there and tackle the opposing receivers, get the defense into the correct positions, or cover kickoffs. All he can do is throw the ball and run the offense, and he does that better than most.

I would put Palmer at #3, behind Manning and Brady. Round out the top 5 with Brees then either McNabb or Romo.

I'll tell you something else too More Cowbell and I think you will agree with me........if we are going by how they are doing right now, you could make a strong case of putting Brady ahead of Manning. Brady is running the #1 ranked offense in the NFL and get this....has a QB rating of 141. thats unheard of.
I am just as big of a Palmer fan as the next crazed Bengal fan but so far this year I would probably put him 3 or 4 (I hate to say it). He had some uncharacteristic bad decisions on Sunday which turned out to be major setbacks in the game against the Seahawks. I know the defense sucks and if you have checked some of my posts on the rating for the heismen, I totally think that there is too much emphasis put QB's record. Carson has done well this season and lossing to the Seahawks and Browns does not change whether he played the way he should have. Palmer maae a few bad decisions which cost the team the game but did everything well in the Browns game.

If I would have to rank the top three it would be Manning, Tom Brady, Carson Palmer.
1/ Manning- easy pick
2/ Brady- easy second place pick, lol
3/ Palmer- yeah Cincy's 1-2, but the guy threw 5 touchdowns in one of the losses..
4/ Favre- playing as well as anybody right now..
5/ Big Ben- perfect fit for Tomlin's game plan. Doesnt put up huge numbers, but he's making good decisions, and managing games very well, but most of all we're winning again...
lol, thats how I see it too...Romo is having a great season, no doubt..
MVP2 Wrote:1.Brady
2.Manning
3.Palmer
4.Favre
5.Roethlisberger

*Romo has had an excellent season so far but I dont know how long it will last so I'd but him at my 6th spot as for now*
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Carson Palmer
4. Brett Favre
5. Tony Romo

I think it's only a matter of time before Romo loses it again.
Brett Favre. Man theres no way, I saw one good game out of him.

I wish the best of luck for him though
1. Peyton Manning
2. Tom Brady
3. Tony Romo
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Carson Palmer
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am just as big of a Palmer fan as the next crazed Bengal fan but so far this year I would probably put him 3 or 4 (I hate to say it). He had some uncharacteristic bad decisions on Sunday which turned out to be major setbacks in the game against the Seahawks. I know the defense sucks and if you have checked some of my posts on the rating for the heismen, I totally think that there is too much emphasis put QB's record. Carson has done well this season and lossing to the Seahawks and Browns does not change whether he played the way he should have. Palmer maae a few bad decisions which cost the team the game but did everything well in the Browns game.

I'm not necessarily talking about what they've done so far this season, more their total body of work. I'll admit that Carson has been less than sharp so far, missing some open receivers at times. And Brady has started the year better than anybody, including Manning. But I would still consider Manning the best QB, with Brady second, then Palmer third. Carson will get things straightened out.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]